Misfire questions please help

atrain59

Jan 28, 2010
Kennesaw,GA
I recently washed/ detailed my engine bay. I covered the alternator and both coil packs with plastic bags not wanting to get them wet. Now it has a misfire when it is under a load from about 2700rpm til about 3300 rpm and then it clears up but it does it trough 3rd 4th and i have read a bunch of forums were guys have had the same problem and it clears up after about 3 days well its been a week. When it first started happening a took the car for about a 60 mile joy ride and it helped it out a lot, it cleared first and second up. I have probably put about 80 miles on it since last week. So do i just need to drive it more and hope it clears up or do i need to do something else if so then what. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'd pull each plug wire (one at time) off the spark plugs and make sure there's no moisture in the spark plug well and check the plug wire boot for any cracks, moisture etc and dry everything really well etc...I would imaging driving it 80 miles should've dried things up, but ya never know. Or might have knocked something off during the wash/detailing.

I'd pull each plug wire (one at time) off the spark plugs and make sure there's no moisture in the spark plug well and check the plug wire boot for any cracks, moisture etc and dry everything really well etc...I would imaging driving it 80 miles should've dried things up, but ya never know. Or might have knocked something off during the wash/detailing.
:nice:,Yup!

+1

yeah change the plugs!! ngktr55gp's

That's what I'm running on my car. I got them because they were the cheapest platinum plug that was one heat ranger colder than stock. Are they supposed to be a good plug or something?