Missing BAD!

whitesqual

Sep 3, 2008
Coeur D'alene, ID
My car is missing pretty bad. I can here it missing at idle, but really stumbles when i give it a little gas. Doesn't have any power either, my low end is almost gone and the top end isn't there either. I tried putting in my spare distributor to see if that would help and it didn't. It has new plugs and wires. I tried cleaning the MAF as well. My Boost/Vac gauge is showing 16 lbs vac. at idle. Nothing seems to be helping much. I have a chip on it and tried taking it out, and that seems to help a little. But it still is missing bad. My a/f ratio is pretty fat also. 8 to 9 at idle and about 10 when Im on it. It is the same with my chip in or out. What could cause it to be so fat? My setup is in my sig. Help, I am getting pretty frustrated! I suspect it could be my maf, but I don't want to dish out the cash for a new one unless I am sure thats whats wrong! Also there is no CEL. I tried to do a cylinder balance test a couple of times but couldn't get it to work for some reason. It just kept saying it was testing for like 10 min, and I gave up. Did I not wait long enough? How long is it supposed to take?

• Sponsors (?)

Did you get 111/111 for your codes? You have to run codes to get into the CBT so it is worth confirming that you really have no codes.

The CBT has to be initiated within like 30 seconds of KOER codes being dumped and it takes a minute or so for the test to run.

Just so we're clear. You are using an OBD-1 code reader and the test port in the engine bay passenger side towards the firewall. As soon as it's plugged in (KOEO) the diagnostic routine should start immediately. I'm thinking you tried the test port under the dash.

well, I did another koer test today and got the code 412. Cannot control rpm during high rpm check. Not sure what exactly would cause that. Maybe the tps or iac?

Did the cbt again, but I think am doing it wrong. Read through the manual online and gona give it another shot.

I swapped my spare tps and iac on and also found a couple spots where the insulation on my wires to my iac was gone and the wires were touching. Also on 2 injector connectors. :eek: fixed them and it seems to be idling better. I will take her out for a test drive as soon as the wife gets home! Hope its fixed!