mm brake upgrade kit

• Sponsors (?)

mattkimsey said:
I just thought 250 dollars doesnt seem like a bad deal

It does seem like a bad deal if you went to autozone and bought two calipers from a mid 80's crown vic with the police package on it.

$250 vs. $30?

I'll take the autozone calipers!!

Are you talking about this kit? If so, I only see pads, shoes, steel lines and caliper sleeves. There's nothing mentioned about actual calipers.

As far as the pricing goes, you might be underestimating the cost of steel brake lines. A two-line steel brake kit for my GSX-R cost me $130, and that's pretty much about market value for them for bikes. The MM kit includes 3 lines. I'd say that the MM kit might be a bit pricy, but I wouldn't consider it outright expensive.

I prefer EBC pads and upgraded to a set of their Green Stuff on the front of my Stang.

TheFleshRocket said:
Are you talking about this kit? If so, I only see pads, shoes, steel lines and caliper sleeves. There's nothing mentioned about actual calipers.

As far as the pricing goes, you might be underestimating the cost of steel brake lines. A two-line steel brake kit for my GSX-R cost me $130, and that's pretty much about market value for them for bikes. The MM kit includes 3 lines. I'd say that the MM kit might be a bit pricy, but I wouldn't consider it outright expensive.

I prefer EBC pads and upgraded to a set of their Green Stuff on the front of my Stang.
yeah, thats the kit Im talkin about it doesnt include calipers. Has anybody used it?

Yes, I bought the kit from them and got the calipers on eBay! I also got the Cobra MC kit and kept my stock power booster! Everything installed good although I had a hard time with air in the system. Has to really seat the pads as they made my pedal feel kinda light with no feel at all at first. Only problem is that I lock up my right front way before I lock up the left front! I am going to put in a fitting Matt Bobbitt told me about in an effort to keep the right front from lock up. It is really bad in the wet!

87gtconv said:
Yes, I bought the kit from them and got the calipers on eBay! I also got the Cobra MC kit and kept my stock power booster! Everything installed good although I had a hard time with air in the system. Has to really seat the pads as they made my pedal feel kinda light with no feel at all at first. Only problem is that I lock up my right front way before I lock up the left front! I am going to put in a fitting Matt Bobbitt told me about in an effort to keep the right front from lock up. It is really bad in the wet!

Also be sure you did not install the calipers on the wrong side! If you do, you will never be able to bleed them right mounted.

The fitting should be facing like this:

bleedingbrakes.jpg

Common installation error with the stock and 73mm calipers.

Checked and they are installed right and finally they did bleed Ok and pedal feel is real good now. But they still lock up the right front way too early at speeds over 40 mph. Slower speed lock up is ok now after I put in a new proportioning valve!!