MM fl subframe connectors installed today

I had my Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors installed today.

I have a welder but no access to a drive on lift so I had the work done at a place called "The Dyno Edge" in Albuquerque.

Chris Groves the owner did the install and did a really nice job. The welds are clean and he also painted them.

The car feels alot more solid and doesn't creak on off camber turn ins the way it did before.

Chris also showed me some of the cars he has built including an S197 GT500 with a Kenne Bell liquid cooled supercharger that dynoed at 900hp and runs 9's, very cool.

• Sponsors (?)

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay to have them put on? I am looking at this soon and want to know what others are paying out there.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay to have them put on? I am looking at this soon and want to know what others are paying out there.

I paid $300.00 which may seem like alot until you read the MM instructions.

I would have had to get the car in the air supported on the wheels then get underneath it to do the welding.

The shop that did the work builds alot of Mustang race cars and did a really nice job including painting them.

I didn't trust any of the muffler shops around here to do the work.

I love how much stiffer the car feels now.

$300 seems a bit excessive... I went to HiTech motorsports which isn't too far from me and they only wanted $175

$175.00 would be a really good deal for that amount of work.

I have a welder and the hassle factor made it not worth doing myself.

I think it pretty much depends on where you are as to the price.

At this point it's "water under the bridge" and I am happy to have it done well.

I will say this, if I had to choose to pay $100 for a subpar install or $300 for a perfect install I'd fork over the extra $200 for a perfect install. I still think $300 is very excessive, but what's $125... f'n pocket change when you have a house payment, kids, etc...

Yea I had subframes welded in, The guy Raf, at "Elm City Customs" in New Haven CT, did it for 200 bucks. but the really awesome thing is that they painted them with this rust proofing stuff so it would match the rest of the bottom of the car. I didn't ask them to do it or anything, they just made the install look like it was always stock on the car.

Chris may not be the cheapest shop around, but you won't find anyone that strives to turn out perfect work every time. The Dyno Edge has worked on many of my past Mustangs and I suspect my next one will have work done there too.

Chris may not be the cheapest shop around, but you won't find anyone that strives to turn out perfect work every time. The Dyno Edge has worked on many of my past Mustangs and I suspect my next one will have work done there too.
One can't cheap out on quality, you save a lot heartache at the end, I try to be frugal, but that dosn't work when you are working w/cars.
When you pay for quality and don't get quality, that makes you almost wish you were in one of those countries where you can get away w/random floggings. :nice:, thats it, I gotta get me some sub-frames, full length that is.

I just reread what I wrote. That first sentence should have read "Chris may not be the cheapest shop around, but you won't find anyone that strives more to turn out perfect work every time. "

Again, top notch shop.