JohnyD05

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Massachusetts
anyone have any insight,
the port bix is about 1500
there full coil over package is
1994-03 no IRS COP-52 $1,614.76
what the advantages and disadvantages to each, I don't know that much about coilovers is anyone could fill me in that would be awsome.

• Sponsors (?)

That 1600-1700 is just for the fronts, its about 2400 For front and rear if you use there K-member and A-arms.

MM Front Coil-Overs :

MM K-Member - $649
MM Black Powdercoat CC Plates - $199.95/kit
MM Bilstein Kit & Hypercoil Springs - $369.00
MM Non-offset (standard) Urethane A-Arms - $349/pair
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings - $39.95/set
MM Tie-Rods Aftermarket K-Member (bolt-through spindle) - $139/kit
TOTAL: 1750 before tax

REAR MM Coil-Overs

MM Kit for Bilstein shocks - $319/kit
MM Panhard Bar - $339.95/kit
TOTAL: 660 Before tax
SUB TOTAL: 2410 Before tax

Coilovers are the way to go from a performance standpoint.

For starters, due to the nature of the design (position or location of the spring) you can use a lower spring rate and acheive higher levels of performance than would be possible with a standard setup. For example, I have 350-lb springs up front, to achieve the same level of performance you may need to go to a 750 to 850-lb spring rate........your likely to experience a harsher feeling ride than I would. Sorry I no longer have a conversion table for an approximate comparsion (there is no direct comparison, spring rates are converted to wheel rate to get a idea).

Corner weighting, if you really want to get into it, you can weigh the car at all four corners and adjust the C/O's to try to help gain a better average. This can be done with conventional springs ......... but what a P in the A.

Springs can be selected in 25-lb increments with C/O.

Wanna lower the car quickly for a show? C/O let you do this quite easily, just jack it up, spin the collar and away you go.

There is no disadvantage to the other kit as it is superior to stock, but if I had to do all over again I would do it in a heartbeat, getting C/O's PHB, TA, LCA's etc.

I would highly recommend that you check out Global West for the subframe connectors. Check out the ones with rocker rail support......In addition to stiffening the chassis, it makes jacking the car up a breeze!!!!

BLKVERT said:
Anyoen got pics of their car with Coilovers?
389987_90_full.jpg

Hop