mmr 5.8 info needed.

ranger04

Jul 28, 2007
The mmr cast iron 5.8 short block is only 3,299.99$, thats cheaper than a pro-charger. I was wondering if anyone had any more info on this engine, like weight, hp or torque? It was shy on details, all it said was that your stock componetes will bolt right on and it accepts 2, 3 and 4 valve heads. If this:bang: thing would do 400 hp or a little better, I could stay all motor at a decent price. I know JDM got 352 hp and 362 foot pounds at the wheels out of thier 298 cid stroker, so you would think a 351 would get you in the 400 hp range wouldn't you?

• Sponsors (?)

Also if ford does come out with thier own 5.8 in 2010 I wouldn't have to sell my current stang, I would allready be up graded. I could then run with the big dogs and wouldn't have to set on the porch hee hee.

Hey ranger,

Here is a little more information for you. This is from MMR so it is straight from the horses mouth. :nice:

MMR said:
351R Iron Modular Blocks
Designed to handle up to 2000 HP

Features Include:

Brand New Cast Iron Blocks
Giant 3.7 Bore Size
360 Degree Cooling on ALL cylinders
Exceptional ring sealing properties due to High Density Material Matrix
Accepts ALL 2V, 3V and 4V cylinder heads and components
Replaceable Sleeves if damage/wear occurs beyond servicable limit.
Unshrouds Valves producing excellent scavenging and HP
Produces 5.8 Liters or 351 Cubic inches (with stock 5.4 crank and rods)
Designed for N/A or Forced Induction Applications

$3299.99 Fully Machined ready for assembly

MMR Stocks ALL compression ratio pistons by Diamond or Manley

MMR said:
We can do a MMR 351R in an aluminum block also, the price goes up to $6099.99

MMR said:
These blocks start out as BRAND NEW 5.4 NVH blocks, the oil filter location is still the same as factory, they can be plumbed for wet or dry sump and are available with a bore size of 3.650 to 3.750, the latter making over 360 cubic inches.

Since it is a Darton sleeved NVH block MMR was asked how they are preventing liner shifting which causes premature head gasket leaking & failure (regardless of block material being aluminum or iron).

Response:
MMR said:
Pretty simple really, in order for a part to shift there must be room for it to do so, these are a press fit (tighter than most of the other companies would ever dream of), bonded (industrial loctite), and precision machined using the latest CNC machines made specifically for this job. There are some serious man hours that go into every MMR 351R Block but the result is truly a great block. To answer you question specifically the tolerances are where our blocks really shine and prevent the shifting that has been so common with other machine shops and manufacturers.

There are no HP/TQ specs on the 351R stand-alone block because the end configurations are so diverse. The net HP/TQ are a direct derivative of the customized end build.

No matter, the block is capable of nearly anything we (on this forum at least) could conceive to cap it off with. :rlaugh: A 2,000 HP capable block. :lol:

Weight will probably be similar to a 5.8L/351W block - around 300lbs.