Mobil 1 Oil filler cap

Now I've had it!!!!!!
After seeing the filler cap for GM vehicles I started looking for one for the 99GT.
Called Ford, Mobil, and GM. Even some of the speed shops in NoCal.
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm looking on Ebay and I see they now have them for Dodge. SRT/10, Neons and everything.

Someone has got to make them for the Blue Oval's.
Somebody throw me a bone!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

There was an on-line Mustang accessory place which sold those. Sorry, I can't think of which right now. However, I decided to pass because while it said "Mobile 1", and would fit the Mustang's engine, it had the wrong oil weight printed on it. I thought down the line, that might be too confusing.

2000 4.6 said:
Yep, go to mustangparts.com and click on "engine parts". Then scroll down a little ways and you will see it. It is $19.99.

http://www.mustangparts.com/images/mobiloilcap.jpg

The engine compartment sticker might be better since I believe it states the right oil weight.

mobilone.jpg

Plus, I notice their new warning "this cap will not fit 2003+ GTs" for the oil cap. I was not aware that the oil cap on the 4.6l changed in 2003. :shrug:

GT-03 said:
The engine compartment sticker might be better since I believe it states the right oil weight.

mobilone.jpg

Plus, I notice their new warning "this cap will not fit 2003+ GTs" for the oil cap. I was not aware that the oil cap on the 4.6l changed in 2003. :shrug:

I just talked to the guy at Mustang Parts and he said they used to have the 5W30, but after running out Mobil 1 would not grant them access to have more made. So I'll just have to wait till someone else has them.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:
(I've already got the metal (5W30) decal. :)