MOD ???????'S

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
so i'm bout to go and get some upper and lower arms for the rear and some full lenth sub frame conectors as well as an alum. drive shaft and motor/tranny mounts for my 95 gt (incase you dont know). so what brand should i go with on this stuff i want the kill hook up at the track but still a little streetable as well do you think i can get all this for around $1,200? i will install it all myself just need to know what everyone else has ran or used no "well the mag says this" or "my buddy had these" only personal experence's i have nitto 555's now but last fri i spun leaving at 2,000 and i had the presure at 20lbs :shrug: peace

john

• Sponsors (?)

I bought most of my suspension items at www.stangsuspension.com. They seem to have reasonable prices. I'd stick with Maximum Motorsports items, they make a pretty good product.

Also make sure you're getting "adjustable" control arms, which will come in handy when you get into fine tuning the car for the best ride height and setting angles which can help with traction and launching the car.

All of the aftermarket control arms transfer more road noise into the cabin because of the harder bushings, which is really just a matter of preference. I know a few people that put their stock control arms back on because they didn't like the extra noise on the street.

I have a Ford Racing Alum DS, seems to work fine ... although the only thing better apparently is the carbon fiber DS which can be found on the web (haven't seen it myself yet .... ).

I got my sub frames welded last week with a total labor cost of $95.

ok well so far all this is usefull to me,as far as the price of the stuff i will only do the best of this stuff and everything else i do to it cause i went cheap on the headers and it has been the worst thing i ever did to it. so it looks like i'll have some $$$ left over to put into the engine or a nice set of bulletts, my wheel set up will be 17x9's up front and 17x10.5 out back with 315's :banana: and to top it off a set of 3 1/2 " black chrome tips screeming at you!!! should make a stealthy look oh yea one more thing i have a set of ford lowering springs should i go back to stock springs or go with a set of some type of drag ones or leave them on? peace

john