Modded WRX vs. 94GT Vert Modded

• Sponsors (?)

Stock WRX's are in the low 15's, high 14's. Modded with most of the toys short of a new turbo, they seem to be low-14's, high 13's. And with a bigger turbo and $$$, the sky's the limit :). The are exceptions to this, of course, you get good drivers and bad, and those who don't care about their tranny. With a 5-speed WRX I would care about the tranny, it's made of glass. The STi's is a whole lot stronger.

Dave

I heard that the tranny is a problem child.... hopefully I won't break it... The next thing on my list for the wrx is an ECU management system to rise the boost.. for my stang the next upgrade is a good tranny rebuilt

Yeah, I think a UTEC would be a good start, to get the boost evened out -- it's very inconsistent with the stock ECU. Can't raise the peak all that much, with the stock turbo the air just gets hotter. Go get yourself a VF30 :)

Dave

stangla2 said:
Dave do you have a WRX???
Nope, but between two of my friends I might as well (one has a regular WRX, the other an STi). We talk quite a lot about mods for our cars, be it Mustang or Subie :). I've thought about getting an STi for a daily driver, and making the Mustang over into a dedicated track car.

low 13s (13.2) some have broke into the high 12s
That's very driver and launch dependent, though. I've seen STi's in the 14's, with a driver unwilling to give it any RPM on the launch. Most stock STi's around here run 13.5-13.7 with a proper launch. There's a modded one I've seen at the track that runs about 12.4, but he is most definitely not stock. I'm not saying that no stock one has ever seen the 12's, but it's quite rare, at least in my neck of the woods. We have no Bob Cosby's here :rlaugh:

Dave

i have been thinking of getting one too, as a nice daily driver that i can mess with and make a fun car i have 3 friends with them and they run good with just a few mods. the u tech helps a bunch and getting rid of the up pipe cat.