Modification Suggestions

squares98

Aug 20, 2004
Orange,ca
I decided to do a x pipe and exhaust, plenum and a dyno tune.

Ive listened to alot of setups and I can tell you I dont want deep drone or top end rasp(which leaves out 75% of exhaust combos.) And the x-pipe must have cats because I dont like the smell on a DD(unless the smell can be tuned out in the tune).

Please help, I have listened to lots of exhaust on mustangxhaust.com. I basically want a quieter, smooth exhaust possible. Not all ratty, and raunchy.
Hel-p me :SNSign: Keep in mind I only want to spend ~$600 for the setup(excluding plenum and tune)

• Sponsors (?)

plain old magnaflows? Maybe some SLP Powerflos?.....Those 2 shouldnt be too loud at all with cats, you could just have them welded into your existing tubing for cost efficiency.

Regular Magnaflows are what Ive been leaning towards. My thought was to get a catback. Shouldnt a cat back help out more than weld-ins after all the bolt ons are installed?(Or is the cost difference just a waste of cash)

As for midpipes Ive been considering UPR and Magnaflow, my only concern is the UPR's fitment and cat quality.

the increased diameter would benefit you more than the stock 2.25", but I doubt it would be noticeable at all.

I dont think a complete cat-back is a waste of money at all, but I dont think theres anything wrong with weld-ins if you're cost conscious either.

well, if you want to remain catted, magnaflow. SLP's modular design is cool, but you have to remove the factory studs in the manifolds and use bolts they supply, its just a pita extra thing you have to do.

Im guessing your car is a 98.If it is I just pulled my regular magnaflow catback off of my 98 to put flows back on because the magnaflow was too quiet and not raspy enough for me. Neways if your interested its a new catback i only had it on the car for 100 miles ill sell it to you for $300 shipped. I paid 450 for it less than a month ago.PM me if interested i need to sell it.:nice:

squares98 said:
Regular Magnaflows are what Ive been leaning towards. My thought was to get a catback. Shouldnt a cat back help out more than weld-ins after all the bolt ons are installed?(Or is the cost difference just a waste of cash)

As for midpipes Ive been considering UPR and Magnaflow, my only concern is the UPR's fitment and cat quality.

I have UPR o/r X and Magnaflow cat back. It sounds friggin sweet. You can hear it in THIS vid. The UPR peice is nice, fits decently, and is only now starting to show any corrosion (after a year and a half, and not much at that). If I was to do it again, I would go with Magnaflow X (for superior fitment) and catback, or Borla catback and Magnaflow x. Borlas (whatever the ones that ARENT stingers :nice: ) are deeper and throaty-er, but cost alot more, too.

And also...for $600 if you shop around the classifieds (here and elsewhere) I'm sure you could get a set of headers, shorty midpipe, and catback for that :nice:

How much of a better deal can I offer this guy?:shrug: I PM'd him and said 275 shipped for a basically brand new magnaflow catback.Theres no way your going to spend 600 or less on all that bassani crap and IMO its sound is overrated.FLOWMASTERS for LIFE!!!!!!!!!