Modified Mustangs & Fords gives us the finger again.

• Sponsors (?)

So stupid. I don't see why they didn't keep it the way it was when it first came out. I still have the first issue. It was great that way. They keep changing it for the worse. Great, now what? '05 Mustangs & Super Fords and Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords? Great. Those mags suck most of the time anyways when it comes to fox coverage. Where is a Fox only mag when you need it? :shrug:

I know where a fox only magazine article section could be on this website, but I need people to scan their articles and send 'em to me. This thread is so common, I really expected overwhelming support. I would love to build a 5.0 mustang compilation here:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...articles-i-need-your-support.html#post8069932

If you have good 5.0 mustang articles from old magazines, send 'em this way and I'll get them posted for posterity.

Chris

That is a cool idea. But we want new builds and with new parts. While it is fun to look through the old collection its better to see what people are doing with the cars now days. And with all the new parts out and ideas. Its interestesting to see.

i let it run out a while ago f those losers, the market of 5.0 is moving into its late 20's to 30's getting money and spending hopefully the advertisers get the message, these are the stupidest business people i have ever seen. They can make so much money but hire the most incompentent people..

It started going downhill when they replaced Huw Evans w/Mark Houlihan as the Editor. You could tell right away that it was just a matter of time before he turned it into a new version of the old Mustang & Fords magazine which he used to be part of. FWIW the previous issue's editor column told about the switch to the new format following w/the next issue. He goes on to explain the decision and of course that they feel it's the best way to go. Sure, look what happened to M&F! How is this going to be any different? I really doubt people didn't read it or advertisers didn't buy into it because of the company running it or the people writing it. Maybe I'm wrong but I really doubt the business is that petty.

I have no idea what the readership is like for classic-only magazines, but based on the amount of them vs. the amount of late model magazines it seems pretty obvious.

They had a great run, it was the best for a while IMO!

Whats wrong with an all classic format? Go buy all the other late model mags.

Late models have two magazines that are each 3 times as thick as Modified, and you still want us classic guys to share a thin little mag with you? Come on!

I liked it when it was mixed, because I have a classic, a fox, and a new edge, but I really think it's better this way. You really don't need every freakin' magazine to yourselves do you?

Late models have two magazines that are each 3 times as thick as Modified, and you still want us classic guys to share a thin little mag with you? Come on!

I liked it when it was mixed, because I have a classic, a fox, and a new edge, but I really think it's better this way. You really don't need every freakin' magazine to yourselves do you?

YES

When I subscribed, it was before the merger and there was NO classic cars in it. Then, the merger happened, and I got some classic cars. Now I have nothing in common with the magazine I paid for a 2 yr subscription to. That's what's wrong with an all classic format. It wasn't sold that way to me. I would have never bought it if it were.

When I subscribed, it was before the merger and there was NO classic cars in it. Then, the merger happened, and I got some classic cars. Now I have nothing in common with the magazine I paid for a 2 yr subscription to. That's what's wrong with an all classic format. It wasn't sold that way to me. I would have never bought it if it were.

Yea, pretty much. There can be 500 classic magazines and it wouldn't bother anybody. But if the ones currently based on late models all started changing format, then that's different.

FWIW Mustang Enthusiast still has a good mix of classic & late models.

Same here, I feel ripped off big time. They must have known about the upcoming change yet they were still pushing their special price for a 2 year renewal. They won't be getting any more of my money.:notnice:

So stupid. I don't see why they didn't keep it the way it was when it first came out. I still have the first issue. It was great that way. They keep changing it for the worse. Great, now what? '05 Mustangs & Super Fords and Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords? Great. Those mags suck most of the time anyways when it comes to fox coverage. Where is a Fox only mag when you need it? :shrug:

Have you seen this month's issue??? Two foxes! I love the green coupe!

Likewise buddy.

When I subscribed to Mustang & Fords, it was all classics. Then they merged, and I have to look at the same types of cars I get in my other 2 Mustang Magazine subscription. Mustangs & Fords wasn't sold to me with late models originally.

Don't think that there's only one side of the coin here, look at it from my point of view. It's a two way street.

I think it's funny that you guys are getting all butt-hurt over it, go buy the other mags then.

I got on my computer today just to post about this very subject. I flipped through the issue that just came in the mail and thought it was all classic stuff, then i looked at the title and noticed a new caption; "The source for classic ford performance".

Although I feel that this is a great magazine and the cars in here are top notch I feel that the reason I subsribed has just been taken away from me. I wonder if Source Interlink Media would credit me what's left of this subscription with MM+FF...at least they have some more of the things I am interested in.

Maybe it's time I take matters into my own hands. I know photographers, editors, and some fantastic writers. I have tons of sales experiance and a love for 79-04 mustangs. How hard can it be to make a magazine and sell it to retail locations, especially considering the amount of money already spent by the owners of these cars on just about anything Mustang. There has to be a way.

I also noticed the same thing when my copy came so since I don't own a classic mustang or ford I'm going to cancel, they shot themselves in the foot IMHO. This month though in MM&FF like mentioned they had 2 foxes featured, a few made into there top 10 list of '09 and they are doing a fox interior redo feature, they have had some foxes in the last few months also so I'll give them some props on that.