Modified With Stock Throttle Body & Plenum

Newoldedge

Jul 26, 2016
Indiana
Have some questions about upgrades.. I have cams, long tubes, 3:73 gears, Densecharger CAI, under pulleys, SLP loudmouth cat back with H pipe. The car runs great and spot on Crisp acceleration. My question is could I really benifit if I purchased a 75mm throttle body and plenum to open it up a little more? Both of them are stock as of now, i got this car already modified so I'm not sure if they may have modified it some how or not. I forgot it does have a tuner and has been tuned by wicked motor sports I was told. So what do you think.. should I go for it, just don't want to jeopardize how it runs now, but you know if it's got a lil more from some simple inexpensive upgrades.. I'm game!

• Sponsors (?)

Have some questions about upgrades.. I have cams, long tubes, 3:73 gears, Densecharger CAI, under pulleys, SLP loudmouth cat back with H pipe. The car runs great and spot on Crisp acceleration. My question is could I really benifit if I purchased a 75mm throttle body and plenum to open it up a little more? Both of them are stock as of now, i got this car already modified so I'm not sure if they may have modified it some how or not. I forgot it does have a tuner and has been tuned by wicked motor sports I was told. So what do you think.. should I go for it, just don't want to jeopardize how it runs now, but you know if it's got a lil more from some simple inexpensive upgrades.. I'm game!
So am I posting this stuff in the wrong sections or does it just not make sense when read? I figured this would be a pretty simple question since it's probably one of the first mods people go with, I've read reviews most good but can you really tell by the seat of your pants if you're actually getting 8-15 more hp? Anyone dynode after this upgrade?

So what should I do if I have no knowledge about the tune, supposedly it was done in NJ, I'm not up to date on this tune stuff. I have tuned my trucks with hand held tuners, and this car came with one. Does the tuner make up a tune on the hand held and program it into the car? I have thought about hooking up to see what it shows, but I don't want to screw anything up.

A TB and plenum would give you a gain of a couple hp. Before you do that- I would make sure you have no plans for a top mount supercharger down the road (in that case- skip this mod). A tune is not necessary with this basic bolton- the tune would maximize the gains but the car would run fine with or without the tune.