Mods for an 09 mustang v6

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by jenkins87, Aug 28, 2011.

1. jenkins87

jenkins87 New Member

New to the mod world and am looking for suggestions on mods for my 09 mustang. What cai is the best and tuner to go with it. All help is appreciated.

2. oldmanford

oldmanford New Member

I couldn't say which is best but the first mod I made to my 05 V6 was a JLT CAI with an SCT performance tune and wow what a difference. If you are going to install a CAI please install a tune as well!

3. Crackhutch

Crackhutch New Member

I put a C&L CAI, Bama Tuner and Flowmaster Force II Cat-Back on mine and it made a huge difference. I went with the Force II (3 Chamber Mufflers) to keep it legal for Germany, which is a maximum of 95 dB, where mine is running at 93.2 dB. All this is around $1200, give or take depending on where you buy it and what deals you can get. Currently I have NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, Taylor plug wires and a Screamin' Demon Coil pack on the way, and eventually I'm going to get a new driveshaft, Corbeau seats, 5 point harnesses and rear seat delete. And for suspension, American Muscle has an Eibach Pro-Sport Suspension kit, which includes shocks/struts, and sway bars for around $900.

That being said, it all depends on what you want out of your V6. If you want to increase the top end speed, you MUST, I repeat, MUST replace the driveshaft because the stock shaft will explode at around 130 mph. If you want better acceleration you can get some rear end gears and a limited slip. If you want overall power you could always go with a supercharger or turbo, though that will cost quite a bit. You can get forged internals and port and polished intake from Super Six Motorsports. Just look around, it all depends on your price range.