mods mods mods lol

mustangkid05

Mar 10, 2006
so right now i can't decide whether to go for power mods or body mods....if i go for power mods i prob will want to get some steeda u/d pulleys just to start with, then probably a shifter.....as far as body mods i deffinetly want to get some saleen wheels......so what do you think i should do? i don't want a car that i can't drive everyday, and i will be constantley fixing it, but i do want some power ??

romaine

• Sponsors (?)

Suspension then power. Build-up the base so it can handle the power. I'd say go for the rims. The UDP's will give you some HP, but the rims you will notice and use every time you drive your car. It's the rims that sets your car apart from everyone else.

markzeronine said:
looks
suspension
power

all of the above

dam we all got priorities,.. but the guys that go with looks first and then complain about getting dusted by a SRT4 :nonono:

make it fast before it looks fast and save yourself some embarresment:nice:

and yeah i think you could do suspension before power, but i went the other route and havent broken a suspension part yet (knocks on wood head)

i dont race so it doesnt matter to me really

doesnt matter what i do to my mustang i will still get dusted by all my friends cars

06 Stage 3 Roush
Cammed C5 Vette
01 Neon Srt 4 swap
06 GTO
all the rest on bikes

ill be in the back but my rims will be shin:nice: y

I went to the track twice with my car and wont go again and have never raced on the street

mustangkid05 said:
so right now i can't decide whether to go for power mods or body mods....if i go for power mods i prob will want to get some steeda u/d pulleys just to start with, then probably a shifter.....as far as body mods i deffinetly want to get some saleen wheels......so what do you think i should do? i don't want a car that i can't drive everyday, and i will be constantley fixing it, but i do want some power ??

romaine

The order I would do it.

MGW Shifter - my favorite mod to date
Steeda aluminum Lower control arms to stop the side to side slop out back
Subframe connectors -not bbk..the metal is too soft IMO
Gears 4:10's
Springs
Rims
Catback

The car's stock suspension is to sloppy for more power. Bare minimum would be LCA's & Springs. Or...you maybe able to just "box" the LCA stockers to make them work better and with the savings pick up some gears!!

02LaserRed2V said:
Show & go.

U/D pulleys arent worth it IMO. I'd go for full exhaust and gears...or get blown if you have the $$$.

+1 on the gears and exhaust. personally i wish i had never spent the money on little mods that give 4-10 hp. they are a waste of time and the money adds up quickly!! do yourself a favor and just save the $3600 for the mongoose kit:nice: you wont be dissappointed!