mods to suit future plans

JohnyD05

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Massachusetts
I want to go with a KB when i graduate school in a year. sO all my mods now are to benefit the KB when i get it, I was thinking of a 75 mm TB and 90 mm MAF from a lightning, will these hurt, or help my performance now?

I have a cat back
underdrive pulleys
a cold air intake
and an off-road x-pipe

also will i benefit from the SCT x-cal 2 now or not?

OR should i just wait till next year and get the stuff all togather?

• Sponsors (?)

imo just save your money for the next year and buy everything for the kb in one shot. that way you eliminate the risk of wasting money now on something that you wont be able to use with the kb kit. whenever you get the kit the lightning maf will be great as will the throttle body. both are options from kb with the kit however save your money and get them yourself when the time comes.

JohnyD05 said:
ok how about this one, if i bought a cam now and put it in, should i get a blower cam? would i gain any HP without the blower? or should i get a NA cam and just keep the NA cam in with the KB on.

get the blower cam. you will gain power, maybe not enough to actually feel but you will pick some up with a blower cam while your car is still n/a. this way they'll be setting there waiting to come alive when the blower is put on.

don't buy anything now.

waste of mods.

1. KB comes with tune and thier support
2. tb and maf could be nessessary with the supercharger but not before.
3. the money for cams and tune for the cams would be better off just put towards the 9spi kit.

Now you may consider some rear end or rear suspention and tire mods right now. traction is something that will help a stock gt and a modified gt.

go read the tech artical on the KB website. they deal with almost every mod. as to the advatages and disadvatages with the kit.

hognutz said:
don't buy anything now.

waste of mods.

1. KB comes with tune and thier support
2. tb and maf could be nessessary with the supercharger but not before.
3. the money for cams and tune for the cams would be better off just put towards the 9spi kit.

Now you may consider some rear end or rear suspention and tire mods right now. traction is something that will help a stock gt and a modified gt.

go read the tech artical on the KB website. they deal with almost every mod. as to the advatages and disadvatages with the kit.

yes. right there. do what this guy just said. IMO its the best way for you to go.good luck bro

I agree with the last 2 post. Just get the car ready for the hp. You already have 2 mods that you'll have to reverse. You will have to go back to stock pullies and the CAI will be useless. Don't waste any more money.

You could go ahead and get gears. I would suggest 3.73, but I don't want to start another 4.10 v/s 3.73 debate.

96ninjaman said:
I agree with the last 2 post. Just get the car ready for the hp. You already have 2 mods that you'll have to reverse. You will have to go back to stock pullies and the CAI will be useless. Don't waste any more money.

You could go ahead and get gears. I would suggest 3.73, but I don't want to start another 4.10 v/s 3.73 debate.
No. Your right , definatly go 3.73 with the KB , thats the only way to go :nice: