module on pass. side fenderwell. it keeps burning out.

• Sponsors (?)

Is it just blowing the fuel pump fuse and not starting or what? BTW it is called the CCRM constant control relay module, I think that is the correct name. How do you know it is burning up?

the mechanic has changed it out 3 times. another mechanic took the front clip apart. sead he fixed it. 2 weeks later it went out again.
once the fuse goes out, the car wount start. i put a new fuse & blow it as soon as i turn the key.

the mechanic has changed it out 3 times. another mechanic took the front clip apart. sead he fixed it. 2 weeks later it went out again.
once the fuse goes out, the car wount start. i put a new fuse & blow it as soon as i turn the key.

This doesn't sound like a CCRM problem. Sounds more like a fuel-pump or wiring problem. The CCRM won't make the fuse blow, it just completes the circuit to turn the pump on. If current draw is excessive, you can burn the contact points in the CCRM relay. But to fix, you need to find out where the current draw is.

Worst case is to drop the tank and run the fuel pump thru an ammeter to see what it is drawing. Should not blow a 10 amp fuse. It it pulls more than 10 amps, replace it.

cool. i'll try that.

There are other possiblities including an intermittent short caused by missing/broken insulation on the fuel pump wiring. Saw one a year ago where squirrels were hiding stuff on top of a fuel tank, but unfortunately their claws are sharp enough to cut the wiring insulation easily.