Molding the fenders

• Sponsors (?)

I got that corner all done and smoothed out. Looks about like yours. I need to figure out how I can do the front side of the fender because I cant use a block and getting my hand in that area is hard to do. Is there anything for a dremel that'll work to cut the bondo into shape then I just use sandpaper for the rest?

For the front, we obvisouly had the motor out and everything else, so it made working under there alittle easier.

Take a pic of the front piece you have welded in... Its hard for me to visualize how you have yours. But if its like mine.. the plate was welded straight across and access to it was fairly easy this way.
You shoudl be able to reach around and under the radiator support with some sand paper.. Thats all we used for mine.. no power tools

I have mine setup the same way, its welded straight across, then I bent the end and have it tucked behind the other piece. I'll get a pic of that in a few min. Its been raining on and off for the past few hours so I go in and out when I can.

taking a little break. Got the corner at the strut tower done, and the top part of the front all filled in and smoothed out. These are my mad bondo "skillz" mike was talkin about :D
fender009.jpg

fender010.jpg

I know its been a long time since I posted in this thread, but its just been to damn hot here in FL to do any work. Well it has finally started to cool down for a few days so I'm doing some more work on the fenders. I have the pass side all cut out, have to do some grinding on it to make it fit nice, then weld it in. Heres a few progress pictures... The 2nd one is a full engine shot so you can get somewhat of an idea of what it'll look like when done.

fender011.jpg

fender012.jpg

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Very nice....now come down and do mine!
:rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: Thanks I needed that :D

Got the piece welded in, have to weld the front piece in tomorrow if I have time, then grind the welds down and bondo it all up. Hopefully this fender wont take no where near as long as my drivers side did since I now know what to do.

fender013.jpg

urban96 said:
looks liek its coming along nicely, did you ever get the other side painted yet?
not yet. I'm going to wait and paint everything all at once. Once I finish this fender, I'm going to do teh radiator support and fill in any small holes that are easy to get to, then pull the fenders, sand, and paint it.