Mongoose Owners

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Hey guys, some of you who have been around for a while probably know that I have a mongoose kit on my Bullitt. Unfortunately life smacked me square in the mouth a few years ago and the mustang kind of went to hell.

Well I'm doing pretty good now and I'm trying to get the mustang back in running order. I've been doing/planning a lot of routine maintenance as my checking acct allows. Part of that routine maintenance is things such as spark plugs, air filter, PCV valve, etc.

My first stop was MPH's forums to get the part # for a mongoose air filter. Much to MY surprise, MPH forums aren't quite what they were a few years ago. Luckily I was able to find the part # by searching Stangnet for a bit, and I got to thinking....maybe we should pool the collective knowledge of mongoose owners out there and try to gather as much useful mongoose-specific info as we can and stick it all in one, easy-to-find thread here?

I'm talking brands, part #'s, service intervals, and any other useful information a mongoose owner should know.

I'll start.

FUEL PUMPS
Focus SVT (came with mongoose kit, I believe)

Dual 03/04 Cobra Pumps

Dual Steeda Pumps

MAF
80mm MAF

Mongoose Air Filter
K&N p/n RU-2590

Serpentine belt's

***Napa serpentine belts are made by Gates***

Vortech SQ, 3.60" pulley, 6-rib, 109.44" circumference, Napa p/n: NBH 25061098

Spark Plugs

NGK BR7EF @ .035 GAP - 2 steps colder than stock -(Vortech SQ, 3.60", 8psi)

NGK BR6EF SPARK PLUGS @ .035 GAP - 1 step colder than stock

I have more but it's dinner time. Let's turn this into a useful tool for all Mongoose owners :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Many of these parts came in more than one flavor much like the Mongoose kits themselves.

My Spark Plugs are:
NGK BR6EF SPARK PLUGS @ .035 GAP

80 mm MAF

30# Injectors

Steeda dual fuel pumps (Replaced by Focus Pump, delivery rate unknown)

Many of these parts came in more than one flavor much like the Mongoose kits themselves.

My Spark Plugs are:
NGK BR6EF SPARK PLUGS @ .035 GAP

80 mm MAF

30# Injectors

Steeda dual fuel pumps (Replaced by Focus Pump, delivery rate unknown)

Hey, thats why I thought putting this thread together would be helpful. We can pool all the info we can and let the owner ultimately decide which best suits his or her application.

Whatup helty!

Why would you buy a new air filter if you have a K&N? Why not recharge it?

Also, the belt rhonda told me to get was a 108".... weird...

hope all is well! I'm just getting around to doing some strict routine maintenance as well bro...

i'd like to add but all my parts are far from what came with the mongoose kit when i bought it. last time i went to the MPH forums they were shut down. i heard Tim moved to a shop somewhere up north.

is the original MPH still around?

i'd like to add but all my parts are far from what came with the mongoose kit when i bought it. last time i went to the MPH forums they were shut down. i heard Tim moved to a shop somewhere up north.

is the original MPH still around?

Yeah, I was surprised too. I really just got out of the whole car scene all together, but kept the car. When I finally decided to get her back in running order, I almost couldn't believe it when I tried logging on to MPH forums only to find that they were dead. But yeah, apparently Tim moved to Chicago and is working with another shop?

So, as much as MPH had a reputation for helping their customers, we really don't know how viable an option calling Tim at his new business is going to be anymore. I've heard he and Rhonda are still helping people out, but you just never know.

Whatup helty!

Why would you buy a new air filter if you have a K&N? Why not recharge it?

Also, the belt rhonda told me to get was a 108".... weird...

hope all is well! I'm just getting around to doing some strict routine maintenance as well bro...
Whats up Ambo! Good to see you around.

Maybe the difference in serpentine belts is bc I have a Bullitt? IIRC, they came with U/D pullies from the factory, right? Or maybe you're running a different size blower pulley than me? :shrug: