More EFI problems

blue66tang

Founding Member
Jan 20, 2001
Medford, OR
I have more efi problems. I have all kinds of wiring diagrams for my 89 HO that i am putting into my 84 cj7. The problem is that a ton of wires are not matching up to my harness. I know i have a mass air harness yet all the mass air harness diagrams are not matching my harnes. Are some of the harneses different? My main engine harness has 2 8 pin connectors one is grey and one is black. These are not the 10 pin harnesses. All the diagrams i have says there should be only one brown harness. Does anybody know what harnnes i have so i can find the right diagrams. Im as frustraited as heck now.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I believe all the wires are the same as far as how it plugs into the computer.

I know #1 pin should have 12V all the time but you may wanna look at this and work at the computer some. I just spent half the day figuring out that the guy that worked on my car never put power to the 12V in (#1) and also wired my distributor backwards. LOL

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=6
and
http://fordfuelinjection.com/5.0Lpinouts.html

Look at the pin #'s and your color codes. They are pretty much the same across the board, just maybe diff color codes. (same pin locations)

BTW, Im also using a donor harness.

You laugh! I thought that was the great thing about efi, as long as it it hooked up correctly it should just fire right up. Of course i still have lots of other things to do. Like clutch linkage, water hoses, motor mounts, and other odds and ends.

I grew up in Rogue River. I am now going to school up at Oregon State. This is my 4th year up here so i actualy havnt been living down there in quite a while. Wasnt your car dark blue or purple with a big blower sticking out. I think i saw it once in medford. well have a good one. stop me sometiem if you see me in my silver blue mustang. Im most likley going way to fast.

i did the 5.0 swap in 1985 in a 1978 ford short bed truck. the motor was a lincoln 5.0
talk about a pain in the butt,in the lincoln every thing runs through the computer .two wads of wires ,like two big snakes running through the car. after hours of tracing wires i found out there is only about 5 wires that run the whole thing.
i did a 1986 cougar 5.0 in a 67 rancharo a few years back and that was a snap ,very few wires to trace .i made a diagram but i am not sure what i did with it,but you will not believe just how easy it realy is.