more electrical demons

91nc7upclone

Oct 31, 2011
n.c.
alright here we go. had the car running yesterday, when all of the sudden my fan quit working.i turned off car and checked fuse. fuse was good. i turned key back to on position and fan came back on. tryed to start car and all that happened was solenoid clicked and once again fan stopped working.turned switch off and right back on and fan stayed off. left switch off for a few mins, turned switch back on and fan came back on. tryed to start again, solenoid clicked fan died and so the vicious cycle rolls on. i changed the solenoid today with the exact same results. any help would be great.. thanks 1991 convertible 5.0 5 speed lx

• Sponsors (?)

Charge / check the battery and charging system. When it sits for a few minutes, it's recovering enough voltage to get the fan running, but wont start the engine. As soon as you hit the starter, it drains anything that's left and won't even run the fan. Few minutes later, battery recovers enough to run the fan... and so the vicious cycle rolls on...

alright here we go. had the car running yesterday, when all of the sudden my fan quit working.i turned off car and checked fuse. fuse was good. i turned key back to on position and fan came back on. tryed to start car and all that happened was solenoid clicked and once again fan stopped working.turned switch off and right back on and fan stayed off. left switch off for a few mins, turned switch back on and fan came back on. tryed to start again, solenoid clicked fan died and so the vicious cycle rolls on. i changed the solenoid today with the exact same results. any help would be great.. thanks 1991 convertible 5.0 5 speed lx

when i say fan i mean my interior fan for ac heat etc. i put my jump box on the batery, and tried to jump from a running vehicle with jumper cables, still no start up. could it be my key switch, or ignition switch, thanks for looking.