More Engine Parts To Bling? (MyTight-Please Read)

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Hey all...since I got the hoopty, I wanted to try to spend some time polishing/chroming some more engine parts.. What other things can I do that may require some slight disassembling to have done or do myself? Keep in mind that I dont want to take too much stuff apart since my mechanical skills although better, are still average at best.

Here is the most recent pic.
Thanks
RC

1382787EnginePolishedRadCover1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know...thing sure looks done to me... :D

Items Justin pointed out and how bout a cover off sorts for the coil??? I bought this FRPP one and fabbed the cover to fit mine...or something polished to cover it??? Just a thought...

Myself I would dump the flex radiator hose...kinda clashes to me... :D

motor_pic_05_1.jpg

Why not just go all out... :spot:
roush_chromie.jpg

IF you look at the area in the Engine bay that is below the distributor, and between the alt and distributor, you see a lot of darkness....I know the Tstat housing is steel with some rust powder on it...Maybe I can pick up another steel one for $10 and powder coat it. Also, my C/C plates are steel and were painted...sure would look good to have some billet ones or stainless steel ones there.

Justin...I tried to IM you...what program do you use for photoshopping?

RC

RIO5.0 said:
I don't know...thing sure looks done to me... :D

Items Justin pointed out and how bout a cover off sorts for the coil??? I bought this FRPP one and fabbed the cover to fit mine...or something polished to cover it??? Just a thought...

Couple ???

1. What do you mean you bought one and fabbed the cover? Did you buy it, or fab it :shrug: Who has them?

2. I C you have the black rad hose...If my engine bay were yours, would you change the flex hose to the solid Mac chrome one, or go to the all black one?

RC

A nice billet battery hold down/tray would go pretty nice in the engine compartment I think

also, depending on what kinda $$$ you have layin around, Canton just came out with a fabricated aluminum coolant overflow bottle for our cars...it's pretty pricey if I remember right though (especially since you see very little of it the way it sits in our engine compartments).

94GTLaserRC said:
Couple ???

1. What do you mean you bought one and fabbed the cover? Did you buy it, or fab it :shrug: Who has them?

2. I C you have the black rad hose...If my engine bay were yours, would you change the flex hose to the solid Mac chrome one, or go to the all black one?

RC

1....Summit or FRPP sell these....Its a hotter coil than stock, but I have the Screamin Demon coil so I just cut the cover to fit on our coil...Its bolts right in place...Pics not really good...Its a chrome cover though..
m12029e351.jpg

2....I tend to like the Black on mine...although I'm trying to keep my motor so its like Ford powered so to say, kinda stock, but not looking...Your into the chrome so stay that way....the flex and wire loom stuff I tend to stay away...just personal preference...A solid chrome would work though....Just my 0/2...That motor looks fine...

How bout some horny valve covers....That's something that always add to a motor...

RC.... i have a set of the c/c plates, and a thermostat housing i can send you, the thermostat housing has been powdercoated once, and would have to be stripped, but........ whatever..... Let me know ifyou need anything.

I have a friend who i have been helping and has almost got everythign up and running for his chroming shop.... Never realized supplies were so expensive....

jason

Mike....Thats like looking at ****... :D Damn that looks sweet...
Wanna do mine up...Black and Silver please... :nice:

Jason...Your guy hook us up with a discount... :D We used to have a chrome line at work...Damn EPA stuff is brutal on chrome...

i dunno, he hasn't even hooked up me with coating or a discount yet......lol

i hope to have my edelbrock intake, and all my tb, and everything else chromed.....lol... then we will see who is the "blingiest" :lol:

jason

jason

RIO5.0 said:
Mike....Thats like looking at ****... :D Damn that looks sweet...
Wanna do mine up...Black and Silver please... :nice:

lmao! :rlaugh:

I had a LOT of time waiting for parts, or money for parts, so a lot of things got a custom touch like that. It only took about a half hour to paint that, but it was new so I didn't have a lot of cleaning to do. :D