More Fuel Pump Problems!

BoostedSN95

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2000
cc,tx
I have recently installed a new fuel pump that has less than 100 miles on it.

My problem is that it suddenly stopped working.

I have tried to jump the pump at the data link connector with no success. When I jump the data connector I barely hear the relay click at the CCRM. I have done this jumping of data link just the other day when the pump was working fine and the relay click was much more obvious.

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot the fuel pump relay circuit? I have another CCRM and the response was exactly the same. There is a very quiet sort of almost click form the relay, but not the sound I know I have heard.

The car died because of this problem the other but started up and drove well for a day. Today I am getting no fuel pump just like at the gas station.

I have checked the ground at the CCRM and that checks out fine. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

How is the inertia switch? FP fuse (the relay can click with a blown fuse)?

Good luck.

I have checked the inertia switch and fuses and both seemed to be ok.

My next step is to jump the fuel pump to double check that it works.

I have a feeling something in the relay circuit is not quite right. I recently jumped the fuel pump through the data link and know what the relay should sound like. It does not sound like normal.

The car was running good yesterday. The only think that has been changed is that I tucked the pcm back to the kick panel (finishing tweecer install).

I am also going to make sure the wires did not come loose at the pcm.

Any more thoughts?

By the way, I have just completed a circuit test at the CCRM. I found that when the ignition is turned over to on or cranking I get no voltage at pin 5 (DrkG/yello) which I believe to be the voltage source for the fuel pump.

how is the eec/fuel pump fuse. my car shut off on me one day while driving. this 20a maxi fuse was blown and my fuel pump wasnt arming. anytime you put a new fuse in it would blow the second the key was turned to accessory. i traced it down to a short something to do with the ccrm.

one day it suddenly stopped blowing fuses and everything was fine. somehow it just fixed itself:shrug:

how is the eec/fuel pump fuse. my car shut off on me one day while driving. this 20a maxi fuse was blown and my fuel pump wasnt arming. anytime you put a new fuse in it would blow the second the key was turned to accessory. i traced it down to a short something to do with the ccrm.

one day it suddenly stopped blowing fuses and everything was fine. somehow it just fixed itself:shrug:

Fuse is good.

Interesting Update:

I pulled the PCM out sort, of made sure tweecer was secure. The tweecer seemed pretty secure. The fuel pump did not prime. I took a break did nothing to it, and a few minutes later the fuel pump seems to be working like normal.

Problem is the pcm is on the floor:notnice:

Another note: I can actually jump my fuel pump at the data link connector. The relay click is back to "normal" so at least I know the fuel pump working.