more lay offs at work today

I got "delay" laid off last Wednesday. They didn't tell us our last day, but said that we are no longer a viable site for them and we will be told in a couple of months. I work in the mortgage processing business with a big bank, so I was hoping at least I would survive. Guess not!

• Sponsors (?)

That definitely sucks. With all of these bank/financial service acquisitions occurring, the new parent companies are looking at lots of overlapping positions and functions. Several of my friends at Merrill Lynch are being laid off after their company was swallowed by BAC.

From what I've been hearing - there's a solid chance that your old WM branch may remain open. One of the strong purchase points was WM's large branch network. They will, most likely, start trimming the fat at the back offices. That's usually the first area to go.

From what I've been hearing - there's a solid chance that your old WM branch may remain open. One of the strong purchase points was WM's large branch network. They will, most likely, start trimming the fat at the back offices. That's usually the first area to go.

I don't work in a branch I'm a business analyst that worked in the back office here in Florida. JP just got done moving from their San Antonio back office to Dallas and that's where our back office work has been moved so chances are the people that just moved are at a high risk. I already have my end date so can't get much worse for me.

Bill

this country is going down because of that old man president. :mad: BTW I WANT MAKE A STRONG POINT THAT I DO NOT WANT TALK POLITIC ! that not wat I mean ok. so please dont start !