More O.T. help needed...

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
Okay, now I have air conditioning problems in my condo. Everything turns on, blower, outside fan (heat exchanger?), thermostat works, it just doesn't blow cold air. The air coming out of the air conditioner is the same temperature as the room. The evaporator on the a.c./heating unit in the closet is icy cold to the touch. Could it be that the pump on the outside unit is not pumping?

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like the evaporator core is frozen over. that is usually happens when you live in a moderate to high humidity environment. tunr the unit to fan only for about 30min and then run the a/c.

rbohm said:
sounds like the evaporator core is frozen over. that is usually happens when you live in a moderate to high humidity environment. tunr the unit to fan only for about 30min and then run the a/c.

I tried that yesterday, but no luck. My brother just e-mailed me and said it might be the expansion valve clogged with junk and not allowing the freon to be sprayed into the evaporator........yeah sure, like I know about that. Anyway, an air conditioning repairman is coming tomorrow, just in time for the hot spell next week.