More parts for the build (pics)

• Sponsors (?)

Bob, im so friggin jealous its not even funny. are you building everything yourself? where did you get the specs from? lets have some more info on everything. all parts, boost #s planned, and maybe even total cost if you wanna throw that in too :D

oops hit enter

Teksid block
Cobra forged crank
Manley forged pistons/rods
Cobra oil pump/billet pump gears
VT stII heads
Comp 262ah cams (fidanza adj cam gears)
FRPP 2V eaton supercharger (asp 9psi pulley)
Demolet CAI
BBK 75mm TB
90mm LMAF
42lb frpp inj
I'm sure i missed something,
plus i redid the rest of the interior so this thing will finally be done for awhile...then its Big Bore time and maybe a shot of nitrous and 12lb pulley.

droptopponynj said:
oops hit enter

Teksid block
Cobra forged crank
Manley forged pistons/rods
Cobra oil pump/billet pump gears
VT stII heads
Comp 262ah cams (fidanza adj cam gears)
FRPP 2V eaton supercharger (asp 9psi pulley)
Demolet CAI
BBK 75mm TB
90mm LMAF
42lb frpp inj
I'm sure i missed something,
plus i redid the rest of the interior so this thing will finally be done for awhile...then its Big Bore time and maybe a shot of nitrous and 12lb pulley.
almost 5k for all that? seems worth it to me!

I'll just post them. Here's the main ones and this is for a stroker with a blower so it may be a little different for a 4.6. This is from Sean Hyland.

Ring Gaps: Top Ring 0.018
Second Ring 0.024

Main Bearing Clearances: 0.0012" to 0.003" (pretty stinking tight)
Rod bearing Clearances: 0.002" to 0.003" (as above, real stinking tight!!!)

I have Manley Platinum Series .030 bore Pistons dished 23cc and Manley forged stroker I-Beam rods. Sealed Power Rings, Federal Mogul rod and main bearings. Forged crank.

Anything else boys let me know :nice: .

san~man said:
FWIW, why did you choose the FRPP blower rather than a KB 1.7/2.2? Cost?

With a built motor like yours, even a 1.7 would make far more power.
Cost and availability.
KB doesn't have a kit for PI swapped 96-98 2V and I only paid 2300 new in box for this eaton & install kit. Thats $1,000 less then its going for and a good 1500-1800 less then a KB. I'm not looking for big power, just some fun when I push down the gas pedal.

droptopponynj said:
Cost and availability.
KB doesn't have a kit for PI swapped 96-98 2V and I only paid 2300 new in box for this eaton & install kit. Thats $1,000 less then its going for and a good 1500-1800 less then a KB. I'm not looking for big power, just some fun when I push down the gas pedal.

I had the whole headswap issue but there is really very little difference in KB kits for 96-98 cars and 99+ cars. You just have to tap a hole under the thermostat housing on the intake coolant rail, reroute some vacuum lines, and do a little modification with the fuel pressure return lines. They give you a 96-98 supplement install manual which is really small. I think your car will be making enough power as it is with the FRPP. Nothing wrong with that blower. I looked at it as well.