more parts =]

:nice: Sweet score man. What color are you going to paint/powdercoat it?

black. same as my stock intake is.

also got some trick flow valve covers. there chrome so i think im going to paint them black as well then the rasied "Trickflow" will stay chrome.

SDC10060.jpg

27.33 isn't less than 25$ yO!:p Congrats on the purchase, I wish mine would of cost that.:flag:

:scratch: i though it said 30. :( :lol:

• Sponsors (?)

nice score! The closest pull-a-part to me is like an hour and a half and by the time the 302's get to the yard they are striped:notnice:

Don't feel bad, I live ten minutes away and the Explorer 302's are stripped when I get there; I will say that the yard across from Gateway race track has been flooded with SN95's lately, I've been getting five lug stuff dirt cheap.

Don't feel bad, I live ten minutes away and the Explorer 302's are stripped when I get there; I will say that the yard across from Gateway race track has been flooded with SN95's lately, I've been getting five lug stuff dirt cheap.

they had to 95 v6 cars there. one with a mint black dash and console. if there still there when i go back. im get the sn95 dash, for another project.

well man honestly i know i am going to get flamed for this but i would not put that on there the its not worth the gain imo....i would sell it for profit you can turn at least 200.00 out of those on ebay......
i really think you are not going to notice any more mods until you do heads with your current setup. or just pile it up and do heads intake and all at once......congrats though on the nice buy,your car is so much better than your first. also it seems it getting more attention and mods....

well man honestly i know i am going to get flamed for this but i would not put that on there the its not worth the gain imo....i would sell it for profit you can turn at least 200.00 out of those on ebay......
i really think you are not going to notice any more mods until you do heads with your current setup. or just pile it up and do heads intake and all at once......congrats though on the nice buy,your car is so much better than your first. also it seems it getting more attention and mods....

im going to bite my tounge and pretend you never said that.

Not true. I put a real Cobra intake on a basically stock engine and noticed a huge difference over 2500RPM.

Ryan, how much did your buddy get the gt-40Ps for? Curious to know.

Where i live, the junkyards know the explorer motors are in demand, so they are pulled ASAP and listed for $500 as a complete motor.

I have an explorer 65mm TB on my 5.0. You should have grabbed that too. I've got exploder gt-40P's now and the exploder 65mm tb.

Not true. I put a real Cobra intake on a basically stock engine and noticed a huge difference over 2500RPM.

Ryan, how much did your buddy get the gt-40Ps for? Curious to know.

Where i live, the junkyards know the explorer motors are in demand, so they are pulled ASAP and listed for $500 as a complete motor.

I have an explorer 65mm TB on my 5.0. You should have grabbed that too. I've got exploder gt-40P's now and the exploder 65mm tb.

i was told the tb dont work on hte 5.0 that you have to modify something so i didnt bother with it.

he pais 29.99 each.

i want a set of GT40's not the P's. we talked to the owner and he said from now on when he gets 5.0 explorers, or any mustangs in he will give us a call first before he sits them on the lot for us to take what we want! cool huh? thats what im thinking lol.

i was told the tb dont work on hte 5.0 that you have to modify something so i didnt bother with it.

he pais 29.99 each.

i want a set of GT40's not the P's. we talked to the owner and he said from now on when he gets 5.0 explorers, or any mustangs in he will give us a call first before he sits them on the lot for us to take what we want! cool huh? thats what im thinking lol.

My Explorer engine was one of the first made, so the TB had a backwards PCV elbow on it and a Mustang style TPS. From my understanding it's actually a Lighting TB; so all I had to do was swap the linkages and turn the elbow around. If you can find the one with the elbow get it.

My Explorer engine was one of the first made, so the TB had a backwards PCV elbow on it and a Mustang style TPS. From my understanding it's actually a Lighting TB; so all I had to do was swap the linkages and turn the elbow around. If you can find the one with the elbow get it.

well s.h.i.t the on i got this intake from did have the elbow on it. :( im going back there tomm then and see if its still in the back seat where i put it after taking it off.

he pais 29.99 each.
ol.

Holy crap!! $60 fot gt-40ps! This junkyard must not care about making money. The ones near me rape you on parts like that.

At least buy it and sell it. The TB, intake and heads are the three big ticket items. If they have more, i'd go back and buy them up. $100 for the heads, intake and TB is a hell of a deal. You could make much more back. Do that for 4 or 5 sets and you've bought yourself a ton of parts

Ryan if that TB really is like mine with the backwards elbow then the Mustang TPS bolts right on, no mods needed. My Explorer TPS looked just like the Foxes, but two of the wires were switched around, I took the connector apart and repined it and kept it for a spare. I took some vice grips and turned the elbow around slowly.

I grinded the linkages off each TB drilled and tapped the Explorer TB with a 5 buck drill and tap set I got at Lowes. I put the old linkage on with a screw, lock washer, and red loc tite; its still tight after over a year of DD.

No one is gonna pay 200 for those intakes, no offense, I paid like 125 for a set in great condition. Those intakes look rough! I would just consider it a great gain for you for getting is so cheap. Dont forget to get it drilled for the coolant temp sensor. I think a machine shop charged me like 20 bucks to drill and tap the hole.

ok whatever, intake manifolds are a fun mod, enjoy yourself man, and yeah you will pick up a little hp but let me know when you are done with the mod and tell me if it was honestly worth a 5-15hp gain. honestly im not trying to say you don't know what your talking about, i have the same exact intake so im not just blowing steam svae the work for when you got heads to put on otherwise it aint worth it unless you are battling for tenths of a second in the 1/4

I didnt notice anything on the street but it was good for about .2 at the track for me, went from 13.5 to 13.3. I would put the intake on. Swapping out intakes is a small job, sure your gonna have to change the gaskets again but there like 25 bucks. And when you take it off again for heads when you get some you'll have it down.

ok whatever, intake manifolds are a fun mod, enjoy yourself man, and yeah you will pick up a little hp but let me know when you are done with the mod and tell me if it was honestly worth a 5-15hp gain. honestly im not trying to say you don't know what your talking about, i have the same exact intake so im not just blowing steam svae the work for when you got heads to put on otherwise it aint worth it unless you are battling for tenths of a second in the 1/4

its about the big picture. one mod at a time. im 17. i dont have tons of money to dump into a h/c/i at once. gaskets are cheap. and it takes all of an hour to pull the old intake off and get the new one on. 15hp...is 15hp btw. not worthless. but ok rain on my parade. carry on.

went back and got the TB. now waiting for a set of GT40's to pop up there :) also grabed a set of 24lb injectors...for free. just going to sell them. i dont need them. and a Mark VII fan. got anything negitive to say about the Mark VII fan and the explorer TB?

Explorer upper and Lower. under 30 bucks
Explorer Thorttle Body....... Free
Mark VII fan....................... 7.99
24lb injectors.. (2 sets ).... Free

sand blasting...................... FREE
powder coating intakes....... FREE