Most important gauges

• Sponsors (?)

fuel press and oil. tripple pod on the way with water and oil going in the empty spaces
100_1847.jpg

I like mechanical myslef easier to work with but, its all what you want to do. I had to get a fuel isolator to run my gauge. Without it I am not allowed to run at the track. It is a diaphram that fuel presses on one side and water or antifreeze on the other side. So if the gauge leaks into the cab Fuel is not getting sprayed everywhere antifreeze is. Fire hazard.

Mechanical are typically more accurate. Electrical require more effort to install, and cost a LOT more money. Both of my gauges were around 70 bucks (each) for mech. full sweep. Most electrical ones run around 200 bucks a piece. If you're that worried about oil (or if you have to run one for fuel at a track) buy an isolator for fuel/oil. It'll still be less.

Mechanical are typically more accurate. Electrical require more effort to install, and cost a LOT more money. Both of my gauges were around 70 bucks (each) for mech. full sweep. Most electrical ones run around 200 bucks a piece. If you're that worried about oil (or if you have to run one for fuel at a track) buy an isolator for fuel/oil. It'll still be less.

Is it really necessary to run one for oil as well?

ok....ive decided what gauges i want...in the 2 gauge pod im going to do water temp on top and oil pressure on bottom...now what i need to decided on is what type of gauge i should go with...Autometer is my first choice... can anyone suggest any?

wow...auto meter has a hell alot of gauges

most gauges say sending unit not included? how much are these and where do you get them?....errr...i thought this would be a little more stright foward.

I like mechanical myslef easier to work with but, its all what you want to do. I had to get a fuel isolator to run my gauge. Without it I am not allowed to run at the track. It is a diaphram that fuel presses on one side and water or antifreeze on the other side. So if the gauge leaks into the cab Fuel is not getting sprayed everywhere antifreeze is. Fire hazard.

so you can still run the oil and water mechanical into the cab w/o an isolator and still be track legal right??