most RWHP shelby GT (not a 500)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Geez, maybe you should change your underwear. That was the biggest crock of BS that I have ever heard. If you love Carol Shelby so much then pony up and pay the price for a Shelby GT.
The ultimate Mustangs were actually the Boss Mustangs by the way. They were designed by Ford to win races. A concours Boss 429 will sell at auction higher than any Shelby Mustang and is the rarest and most valued of all Mustangs.

Geez, maybe you should change your underwear. That was the biggest crock of BS that I have ever heard. If you love Carol Shelby so much then pony up and pay the price for a Shelby GT.
The ultimate Mustangs were actually the Boss Mustangs by the way. They were designed by Ford to win races. A concours Boss 429 will sell at auction higher than any Shelby Mustang and is the rarest and most valued of all Mustangs.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow.. that's all I can say. :mad:

:rolleyes:

Why do Shelby discussions always turn so nasty? :shrug:

Can't we all just get along, and discuss what we are all here to discuss.. Mustangs? Whether it's a V6, Mustang II, Shelby, Saleen, Boss, whatever..

We are all allowed to buy what we want and pay however much we want to pay. :)

IMO.. :flag: :canada: :SNSign:

I don't really like the hood scoop on the Shelby GT, but the rest is good and resale should be better. The main reason why I wont get one is you can't get the premier package with it.
Dan

Wrong the boss mustang wasn't the ultimate mustangs, actually the boss 429 mustang in it's street version was a flop. Just check oot battet jackson on what brings the most money. If mustangs were the only thing I had to spend money on I would buy a shelby, but when your married with children, need I say more. Most of the shelby bashing that goes on here is from nothing more than jealousy cause you don't have one. If someone can afford one, then all the power to them. It should be no skin off of anyones nose if someone wants or buys a shelby. They'll be the smarter ones in the end. Some of you guy's get so wrapped up in speed and power like you won't ever be beat. I don't care how fast you are, there's someone faster. The thing with the shelby, they don't have to be fast to be cool, they look good setting still. If you want a real boss mustang, I saw on the muscle car forum where you can order an 08 boss 429 mustang with 650 na hp I believe it was. Now that would be the altimate boss mustang, it comes in 3 stages, on is sc, the other is turbo charged and the last is all motor 429 650 hp. It looked awesome . black with silver boss striping. I didn't know it exisited untill I just read about it over there, it's under new car news on the american muscle car forum. That car has one up on the shelby in looks and power, cuirse over there and check it out, you'll love it. I don't mean to be an idiot when it comes to shelby's, but they get bashed way to much. My dream car since I was a little boy was a 67 shelby GT 500 and I never thought I would see the day when they would be back. Maybe some day I will own one, but that 08 boss 429 would be as good ha ha.

Well thats not really my point. Is it or is it not true that some of the first mods some folks do (and perhaps the extent for and even larger number) are things like gears (ratio is irrelevant at its personal preference), short-throw, CAI, tune, exhaust, & suspension? I'd bet $10 they are. And they are stock on the SGT. Take a stock SGT do a custom tune, and I'm sure you'd push out similar HP that any other GT would with similar mods...except this one came from Shelby and has a bunch of other stuff done to it to be sure its set apart from any other GT.

Its in the last half of my last sentence there where my point really lies. Thats where the different in price is made up. Surely a price far too steep for 98% percent of the folks to digest, but for the other 2%, we've already bought ours. Guess that's why they had a fairly limited run. :D

Again, not arguing, we're all in it for the same reason. My only beef is that "worthless" is a pretty strong word that I completely disagree with.

Pretty sweet setup! :nice:

I really hate to disagree, but the parts you claim are stock on the Shelby GT. are not factory Ford parts. Their FRPP power and handling packs, in which regular Mustang GT's are then modified/customized at the Shelby facilities, in Las Vegas. (Thus) converted into Shelby GT's

However. those very same parts found on the Shelby GT. can also be purchased via the Ford Racing Catalog. by anybody who wishes to modify their stock Mustang GT.

Just my $.02

hell, my GT with CAI, tune, 4.10 and x-pipe will completely destroy a stock Shelby GT. Those mods they put on those cars are garbage. Yes they are modded compared to GT's but they are still restricted by emissions and they have a very conservative tune.

I really hate to disagree, but the parts you claim are stock on the Shelby GT. are not factory Ford parts. Their FRPP power and handling packs, in which regular Mustang GT's are then modified/customized at the Shelby facilities, in Las Vegas. (Thus) converted into Shelby GT's

However. those very same parts found on the Shelby GT. can also be purchased via the Ford Racing Catalog. by anybody who wishes to modify their stock Mustang GT.

Just my $.02

Um...I'm a bit confused. Your disagreement with me seems to much more of an agreement with me. I'm well aware of what constitutes a Shelby GT and how they are created (check my sig/garage).

Seeing that the car was delivered to me (theoretically if I didn't have additional work done to it) as a 'base' SGT w/the FRPP parts installed - that would be considered stock - no? Ford created specific specs for a car, it was built to those specifications and then delivered to customers. To me at least, the stock SGT is what comes to you with all the FRPP parts installed. In addition, you get to keep your factory warranty that now covers all the FRPP parts. What's not 'stock' about it? In fact I'd really like to see anyone order a SGT without any of those parts installed if you're claiming a SGT isn't a stock...SGT...:shrug:

I also do hint in my earlier post at the fact at least, that anyone could convert their GT into a GT + FRPP parts should they choose to do so - and more power to them/you if that's what you choose to do with your car/money. I had different plans. :D

Anyway, since we're WAY :OT: now, if you'd like to continue this discussion via PM I'd be more than happy to. :)

hell, my GT with CAI, tune, 4.10 and x-pipe will completely destroy a stock Shelby GT. Those mods they put on those cars are garbage. Yes they are modded compared to GT's but they are still restricted by emissions and they have a very conservative tune.

How can they be garbage if you put the same exact mods on your stang? Different make/model/prescription strength, but in principal the same thing.

Um...I'm a bit confused. Your disagreement with me seems to much more of an agreement with me. I'm well aware of what constitutes a Shelby GT and how they are created (check my sig/garage).

Seeing that the car was delivered to me (theoretically if I didn't have additional work done to it) as a 'base' SGT w/the FRPP parts installed - that would be considered stock - no? Ford created specific specs for a car, it was built to those specifications and then delivered to customers. To me at least, the stock SGT is what comes to you with all the FRPP parts installed. In addition, you get to keep your factory warranty that now covers all the FRPP parts. What's not 'stock' about it? In fact I'd really like to see anyone order a SGT without any of those parts installed if you're claiming a SGT isn't a stock...SGT...:shrug:

I also do hint in my earlier post at the fact at least, that anyone could convert their GT into a GT + FRPP parts should they choose to do so - and more power to them/you if that's what you choose to do with your car/money. I had different plans. :D

Anyway, since we're WAY :OT: now, if you'd like to continue this discussion via PM I'd be more than happy to. :)

For the most part. Yes I do agree with you, but technically speaking. Your car came delivered as a modified vehicle, and not stock. As in stock from Ford. Which was my original point.

For your vehicle was delivered to the Shelby facility, as a stock Mustang GT. and then modified into a Shelby GT.

So perhaps I should have stated, Ford factory stock clearer than I had.

As for the factory warranty covering the FRPP parts. That was the main reason for purchasing my Steeda version of the FRPP CAI. However the only difference between your FRPP version and mine. Is that I purchased both my CAI along with the X-CAL II programmer, through Steeda directly.

No offense, but I just didn't like the FRPP C.A.R.B flash device, that's included with the CAI kit. IMHO it's performance tune, is just way too conservative, and you can't even make any kind of adjustments.

Trust me, if you ever decide to upgrade from your flash device tune, with either Brenspeed's or Bamachip's custom mail order tunes. You'll notice a very huge difference. And you'll no longer experience, any of that nasty throttle lag either.

Overall. I couldn't be happier for you, concerning your Shelby GT. purchase. For I'm certain it's value as a collectible, will continue to grow.

Anyway, my apologies for any confusion that I may have caused. :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.