Most Tedious 5.0 Improvement

Which is more time consuming?

• Total voters
I mount a pillar guage pod :)

I goto replace old Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Yes, the 93 goes straight into the block and is different.

Dry rotted POS breaks off in my hand :fuss:

So I goto parts store and figure out that a 1 1/16 socket fixes this problem

Crawl under car and take out old sending unit

Autometer supplied unit too big

Goto hardware store for brass extension

Fixed oil pressure sending unit :)

So I get the guages working.

Then I crank her over.

No electric fan. :fuss:

So I ripped out thermostat

Straight wired fan

Works great but engine doesn't like to shut off and alternator can't keep up :fuss:

I need a torch, a hand grenade, and a bazooka to finish :D

• Sponsors (?)

Strype said:
I'm there dude :nice:

What's a dcc controller?

*google*
Bro www.dccontrol.com my fan comes on at 10% when ignition comes on (3-4 amps) and ramps up and down as required to keep temp where I have it set..in my case 187* Never goes over, never runs 100% fan speed for more than a minute at most...even at 100 degrees outside, most often the fans at near 50% max output and charging system is VERY happy. There is at no point a spike on the charging system..infact it charges as well as it did prior to the fan install.

DMAN302 said:
Bro www.dccontrol.com my fan comes on at 10% when ignition comes on (3-4 amps) and ramps up and down as required to keep temp where I have it set..in my case 187* Never goes over, never runs 100% fan speed for more than a minute at most...even at 100 degrees outside, most often the fans at near 50% max output and charging system is VERY happy. There is at no point a spike on the charging system..infact it charges as well as it did prior to the fan install.

I must have this... yes, yes I will have this by next week :nice:

DMAN302 said:
Worlds biggest pain the ass...installing upper and lower control arms by yourself in 90 degree heat.

i thought i was the only one stupid enough to do that, it was around 90* wiuth like 90% humidity. i started off with work pants and a t-shirt but by the end of it i was down to only shorts. it also doesn't help that i have a short temper, wrenchs were thrown.

Talk about short tempered...

I was changing a front spring alone a couple of months ago- got it all the way up and go to adjust the jacks...

The a-arm was pivoted so that it was DANGEROUSLY stuck with the spring fully compressed. One side too high and the other one way out :fuss:

Took me till the next day to get the courage to fix it :lol:

I'm still here after that scary experience tho :nice:

Strype said:
Talk about short tempered...

I was changing a front spring alone a couple of months ago- got it all the way up and go to adjust the jacks...

The a-arm was pivoted so that it was DANGEROUSLY stuck with the spring fully compressed. One side too high and the other one way out :fuss:

Took me till the next day to get the courage to fix it :lol:

I'm still here after that scary experience tho :nice:

and i pull up to his house, no lie........he has a saws all out, going to town on a comp eng. 90/10 drag strut cause he couldnt get the bolt off the top. now i got el cheapo struts...............im sure he had this all planned, knowing id eventually buy the car, he took the struts off so i couldnt hook and he can outrun me lol

MyBad70 said:
and i pull up to his house, no lie........he has a saws all out, going to town on a comp eng. 90/10 drag strut cause he couldnt get the bolt off the top. now i got el cheapo struts...............im sure he had this all planned, knowing id eventually buy the car, he took the struts off so i couldnt hook and he can outrun me lol

LMAO- More than one way to skin a cat :D