motor trend----2011 gt vs. SS vs. srt-8

• Sponsors (?)

ur Z06 is still king to these. light weight wins.

It weighs 3050 pounds without me, 1/4 tank, and zero weight removed. I've weighed it 3 different times

My car goes in this Thursday for the 3rd rear end, and 60-70hp with a new cam and intake. Should be an 11.30-11.50 car on 18's, but it is not forged. It's just not a drag car. Fun car, but not built for the strip.

I'd be one pissed 2010 GT owner. This car is going to be a hot item.

The most impressive thing to me isn't the power (although that is quite remarkable), but is the handling. .97 g's is unheard of for a production Mustang GT. That's knocking on the door of the Vette, which is known for it's crazy good handling. Ford had undoubtedly delivered a knockout car on this ordeal.

yeah, it hurts though because I told myself no car payment ever again, and i've spent enough on the 02 GT that I want to keep building it up. I hate that I'll need to go to a blower to keep pace with the newer pony cars. But I am glad Ford is kicking A$$ and taking names.

That's an advantage :nice: I went and spoke with a dealer last Wednesday about the 2011. I will likely be looking in 2012 for one as my car will be paid off for.

It hurts to know that our cars will be 100+ horsepower BEHIND the current base GTs; that is quite a margin to make up to just to be even with a STOCK one; but who leaves their cars stock anymore? :shrug:

"And so, until Chevy or Dodge tweaks a substantial engine, chassis, or body part, the Ford Mustang GT is the reigning V-8 Ponycar champion of the universe. See you next season."

That is all. :D

It was nice to see the Mustang do well, but I'm not gnashing my teeth because I don't have one. I mean it's cool and all, but it's larger, much heavier, and I'm just not feeling the big long retro 70's look. It's really not "my car plus better." At least in my mind.

I'll take the engine, though. Don't get me wrong :)

2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Comparison - Motor Trend

they keep getting better times with the gt as they get used to driving it.

12.7 @ 111mph

P.S... WHO LET THESE GUYS DRIVE THESE CARS, LOL..THEY COULD BARELY DO A BURNOUT IN THE 5.0...MY 2010 GT FACTORY STOCK W/ 3.55'S WOULD LAY DOWN THE REVLIMITER IN 1ST N SECOND DOIN BRAKESTANDS AFTER A MILD CLUTCH DROP..THEY COULD BARELY SPIN 1ST...IF THE GUY DOIN THE "DRIFTS" LOL AND BURNOUTS W/ THE 2011 GT CAN RUN A 12.7..IMAGINE WHAT A GOOD DRIVER COULD DO...IM CALLIN ALL DAY LOW 12'S @ 112+ FACTORY STOCK, AFTER A GOOD 10,000 MILE BREAKIN W/ A LOW OPTIONS CAR (LIGHTER) AND 3.73'S W. A GOOD DRIVER...

I know this sounds cocky, But, Mustangs Rule. Hands down. Its always the most popular car in the group. Its a fun car to drive, and the looks are always there. And now, its on top of the muscle car hill. Ford knows whats up. hell yeah

Amen.

It was nice to see the Mustang do well, but I'm not gnashing my teeth because I don't have one. I mean it's cool and all, but it's larger, much heavier, and I'm just not feeling the big long retro 70's look. It's really not "my car plus better." At least in my mind.

It is bigger, but it is not much heavier. It's actually only about 200 pounds heavier than my 98 GT is. Not bad at all, IMO.

+1 I just can't get into the styling. Just when I'm starting to like the 05-09's they change it up again and it throws me for another loop!