Motorsport Heads Worth it?

79'293stang

Jan 5, 2003
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So I dropped off a set of heads to the local speed shop to be cleaned up and was asking if he had any aftermarkets laying around before blowing money on a set of stockers. He called me a little bit ago and told me he just got a set of used bare motorsport iron heads in that have 2.02 intakes and 1.6 exhausts. He told me $1000 for the pair all worked over with new hardware included. I told him that seemed way to high for a pair of used irons when I could spend a couple hundred more and get a New set of Aluminums. He told me he was going to rework his quote and get back at me. I have not heard much about these heads so is this a decent price or should I just do as my plan was and pop the stockers back on for now with some pocket porting. I am switching to an F Cam also in prep for a turbo kit in the very near future.

• Sponsors (?)

He didn't say. I am assuming they are 180cc though, he told me that they were basically the same thing as the RHS's. I did some searches and didn't find much on them so I assumed that they were an older head type and that there possibly weren't to many different types which is why I left it kind of vague.

only way i could see iron heads being worth that they are world windsors with LOTS of port work and lots of goodies on them

Yea, I definately called him out on the price. If he makes an offer for like 5-600 I will take them, but anything more then that I didn't think would be worth it. Thats why I asked on here to see if there was something special about them causing the large price. But since there doesn't seem to be I will just stick to my original plan.