moving to FL

12Pack

Jun 3, 2005
CT
im in Connecticut right now and im moving to florida in the next few weeks. Im moving to Palm Coast and i know nothing about FL. To any one that lives close to palm coast, what is the city like? hows gas prices? hows jobs? I plan on buying another stang so how hard will it be to find some stangs?.

• Sponsors (?)

im in Connecticut right now and im moving to florida in the next few weeks. Im moving to Palm Coast and i know nothing about FL. To any one that lives close to palm coast, what is the city like? hows gas prices? hows jobs? I plan on buying another stang so how hard will it be to find some stangs?.

You will love Florida! I think we have the most stangs here then any other state. I'm not sure about Palm Coast? Why are you moving there? I live near Tampa. Gas prices are always jumping but its about 2.50-3.00.

i know nothing about FL.

I don't know how much you don't know. So I'll just give you some tips that I learned watching other people move down here.
-Don't throw out all of your winter clothes - your heavier stuff may go though.
-Most people do not wear Hawaiin shirts down here. - My friend went to college with a kid that wore a Hawaiin shirt everyday because he thought that's how people dressed in Fl.:rlaugh:

accidentally hit 'enter' and it posted.

to continue:

-If you see an alligator, and he's more than 50 feet away from you, there's no need to run away like a pansy.:D -I've seen people absolutely terrified of these things when there's no reason.
-However, if you see an alligator in front of you, and what looks like her nest behind you, proceed to run like a pansy.
-Don't stand in the front of the grocery store, or you may be killed when a senior citizen plows her Towncar through the front windows.

Lastly,
-Cut the cats off your Mustang cause we don't have inspections! - Don't know about Conn.

I don't know about where you're moving but going thoughout the state it's pretty diverse. I mean that in people, money, housing....all of it. Can't complain though, I've been in florida for most of my life.

Well i just moved to Orange park, FL...right outside jacksonville. Yes its up north and all but only about 35min from the beach and and i like it so much. only been here for about 6 months now but im sure u wont regret it!! good luck!

I've been a firefighter down here for 30 years, and lived here all of my life so here's some advice.
1. The old people down here can't drive worth a crap, but.. most of them are from up north, and they go back around May.
2. Yes, the 50 ft rule concerning alligators is a good one, however, we do have some mosquitos that are as large as alligators.
3. We have cockroaches that are the same size.
4. Hurricanes are serious, when someone says leave, it's probably a good idea, but at least the water will run off of Florida, unlike New Orleans.
5. Being able to speak at least a little Vietnamese/French/ will be helpful. Being able to speak Spanish will be REAL helpful.
6. About every 10 years, we burn the state to the ground, it keeps the mosquitos down at least.
7. Being a car guy, you will learn about "love bugs", these things inhabit every square inch of the interstate during mating season and can completely obscure your windshield.
8. Oddly enough, because of the humidity, it still gets cold, especially in the middle of the Ocala national forest.
9. Oddly enough, because of the humidity, it gets horribly hot, especially in the middle of the Ocala national forest.
That's the bad stuff, now for the good.
10. I've seen snow in Florida exactly 3 times in 50 years.
11. There's a state law that says if you're being threatened and are in fear of your life, you can use deadly force and not be held liable.
12. Generally the weather is awesome and you can cruise almost every day of the year.
13. We have some of the best beaches and waterfront property in the world.
14. Alligators love marshmellows
15. Gatornationals, Daytona, Sebring, St. Pete Grand Prix
16. Spring break, Bike week, Biketoberfest
17. Disney World, Cape Canaveral, Key West
18. T-backs and tan lines.
I think that should cover most of it, hope to see you soon.