Moving to Montreal..!

ZeroCulture

Founding Member
Feb 10, 2002
Thunder Bay
Well .. the title says it all ... I hope to be moving to Montreal by the end of the month. I'll probably be heading up there from Toronto, next weekend to look for a place. I have no idea where i'll be staying, but i'll be working in and around the city.

Any of you guys from around there, reccomend an area to look for an apartment?

Man, this is going to be weird, i'm practicing my french right now, it's been a couple years since i've had to use it!

Cheers,

-Andy.

• Sponsors (?)

ZeroCulture said:
...and why is that? :) lol ... no condo for me... as cheap as I can get, with room to work on my car, (hopefully). I'm hoping for a garage, but a flat spot with room to leave it on jackstands will make me happy.

Well if you buy in those areas, you won't even have to worry about having a place for your car to put it on jackstands. Your neighbours will be more than happy to put it up on blocks in the street. They'll probably just take your rims to polish them... yeah... that's it... :lol:

ZeroCulture said:
Well .. the title says it all ... I hope to be moving to Montreal by the end of the month. I'll probably be heading up there from Toronto, next weekend to look for a place. I have no idea where i'll be staying, but i'll be working in and around the city.

Any of you guys from around there, reccomend an area to look for an apartment?

Man, this is going to be weird, i'm practicing my french right now, it's been a couple years since i've had to use it!

Cheers,

-Andy.

Nice, but you're gonna have to cheer for the Habs now, screw the leafs :spot:

habitually, appartment owners won't even accept that you work on your car in the parking lot.. I suggest you to move in a baccelor( don't know if it's the right word in english.. lol)

and I don't know if you'll find a appartment at this time of the year.. I'll check that for you..

and give you some news..

Try this site here .

They have a domestic car section and most people can speak french and english , I'm sure they will be happy to help you or direct you somewhere.

I moved from Lac St Jean , Quebec to London Ontario and a bunch of people help me online to find a good and safe area to live.

I'm now friend with most of them and that was a good way to meet people with the same interest !

I used to live in Vaudreuil-Dorion just a couple of minutes from the 40. Not too much traffic on the bridge and cheaper rent. Very nice little town with nice places to shop around the area, oh and the Loblows has full of hot early to mid 20 year old chicks working there hehe :D

You can check out Ile-Perrot etc... Rent is hard to find in Montreal maybe you'd have better luck off the island.

After having done a bit of research, im thinking off the island is the best bet, oh and thanks for the link! I'm still unsure of where, but I'm heading up there next weekend, to do some browsing, I need to figure out the area, where I'll be working first, then see from there I guess.

Cool another stang buddy in montreal! I live in St.Leonard, Montreal. Post when you get settled in...Ill show you where all the mustang meets are.

Joe