Mph

• Sponsors (?)

No way :notnice:

Soooooo beautiful though... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

tubooo.gif

It is freakin sexy.

So help me learn guys, please.

What does it take to prepare for that to run COMPLETLY safe. What exactly would I have to do?

Another question would be is it worth it on a 65k mile engine?

My worries are that I'll get a KB or another SC and never really be happy with it because it's not this twin turbo kit, which is by far the sexiest thing I've seen.

Well that kit is now actually obsolite (sp). Its actually twin 50mm turbos.(BETTER) I talked to Tim a while back, and the price has also risen $400. I was this close to buying all that, but after factoring in the drive, 4 day wait for them to instal it and tune it, i was going to spend 10K lol. SO I am sticking to the original plan...buy it next year and instal it at the house.

Well bro, if you have the money for this TT setup, have a new forged long block built to support it.
Turbos seem to be the latest hot ticket for the mod motored Mustang...seems alot of guys are getting tired of blowers...I wish I had that problem!
You'd also need a built rear end and suspension to handle the power.

Yes, I was thinking that also. Keep the boost low and with a proper tune... Should be good. The web page says it will take a 2002 GT to 720hp. You could not go there on stock internals/rear.

SO you're saying I could buy it, get it installed and get a really safe tune and run on the stock block until I can aquire the funds to forge everything and build up the rear?

My problem is that I don't want to buy the KB blower and when I got enough money think.. why didn't I go with the TT?

So is it truly safe to run on a stock block with low boost to start? Is it possible to stay at about 400hp on a tune and stay completely safe with THIS TT kit?

Sounds like an exciting concept.

The ability to move up is impressivly intimidating. I suppose this kit is PERFECT. It seems really easy to achieve so much power for only a few thousand more than the KB kit.

I hear so many guys get to 400 and wonder why they didn't go bigger. Well, I'd assume I wouldnt have that problem if I had this kit.

What do you think the install price would be on this kinda kit? Pretty high yea? Any estimations? haha

Thanks guys

Did you read my previous post?

I'm pretty sure I made it obvious that I planned on going beyond 400, just not right away. Something like "the ability to move up is intimidating" And something like "people get to 400 HP with the kb and wonder why they didnt go bigger and I dont want to run into that"

Again, my main concern is being safe at low boost on the stock block until I can work things out in other places.. and then raise the boost.

DBMSTNG said:
it can be tuned to around 435-450rwhp and be just as safe, if not moreso, than a 400rwhp supercharger setup.

That's really good news. I just want to be completely safe. I'm considering taking the drive up the alveretta, or whatever the city is just north of ATL and letting them install and tune it. They got that deal for about 7200 for the parts, install, and tune.

I'm not sure what exactly "safe" is on a TT setup, but whatever it is, thats what I want.. safe on stock internals. I'm sure I'll duscuss it with MPH and all before hand.

Anyone know where it starts becoming unsafe? Whats a good safe HP setup I can expect on the TT and stock internals?

With 60K+ miles on the stock internals, I would forge it just to be safe. 400 rwp is over 450 flywheel and that's too much on tired internals. As a matter of fact why not get a forged stroker kit to add to the displacement? By maximizing the N/A power of the engine, the boosted power will increase as well and the internals will already be forged. I would keep the compression below 10/1 and then add the TT. As far as the actual stock block itself, it can handle 1000hp. So just to be safe and have a backup engine, why not take out the current stocker and keep it in your garage and then have the TT added to a forged aftermarket short block? That would allow you to push this power to 750rwp and beyond.

One thing though is what do you intend to do with this car? Because for road racing, a boosted engine with over 600 rwhp will be hands full and will require some serious driving skills to not look foolish compared to the 400 N/A engines making their way around you due to having more managable power in the curves.

If you want to drag race this sucker, then go ahead and push the power all you want since you won't need to turn and handle. With current weight of the stang and 800hp at the flywheel you should be able to see the low 10s or high 9s at the track.

My 2 cents.

boomshack said:
With 60K+ miles on the stock internals, I would forge it just to be safe. 400 rwp is over 450 flywheel and that's too much on tired internals. As a matter of fact why not get a forged stroker kit to add to the displacement? By maximizing the N/A power of the engine, the boosted power will increase as well and the internals will already be forged. I would keep the compression below 10/1 and then add the TT. As far as the actual stock block itself, it can handle 1000hp. So just to be safe and have a backup engine, why not take out the current stocker and keep it in your garage and then have the TT added to a forged aftermarket short block? That would allow you to push this power to 750rwp and beyond.

One thing though is what do you intend to do with this car? Because for road racing, a boosted engine with over 600 rwhp will be hands full and will require some serious driving skills to not look foolish compared to the 400 N/A engines making their way around you due to having more managable power in the curves.

If you want to drag race this sucker, then go ahead and push the power all you want since you won't need to turn and handle. With current weight of the stang and 800hp at the flywheel you should be able to see the low 10s or high 9s at the track.

My 2 cents.

Some people say it safe to run it at 450 rwhp and ill be fine. Some people don't agree.

how much does it cost to forge internals? Id honestly like to get that done..

WillDuhhBeast said:
That's really good news. I just want to be completely safe. I'm considering taking the drive up the alveretta, or whatever the city is just north of ATL and letting them install and tune it. They got that deal for about 7200 for the parts, install, and tune.

I'm not sure what exactly "safe" is on a TT setup, but whatever it is, thats what I want.. safe on stock internals. I'm sure I'll duscuss it with MPH and all before hand.

Anyone know where it starts becoming unsafe? Whats a good safe HP setup I can expect on the TT and stock internals?

Tim will tune it safe. it's unsafe if it's running too much timing or too lean. ofcoarse there is a limit to the amount of power you can run too.