MRT Catted H-Pipe

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I just wanted to ask what you guys and gals know about MRT, are their Catted H-pipes a quality product? I have Magnaflow Magnapak axle backs now and my 06 GT sounds awesome, oh and I put on the C&L Racer CAI yesterday with the updated 93 (Chris Rose) Race tune and my car sounds sooooooo much better with the CAI (amazing what the CAI with the 95mm MAF housing did for the exhaust sound) its very deep and very throaty now.

So the reason I want an H-pipe is for the deeper sound verses an X-pipe which I have read from several sources sounds kinda crappy with the Magnapaks, I believe I'd get more HP with an X, but, what I'm looking for is a deeper sound.

Any advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated.

BTW the price I found for the MRT Catted H-pipe is 515.99 and its going to be another 18.99 for the 02 sensor extentions. Part # for the H-pipe is 93A200

Thank you in advance for any opinions you may have.

• Sponsors (?)

+1 I wanted one till I found out you get more gains for a different type of part like an Aluminium DS. You get more performance out of one of those then a catted mid pipe.

That should be done after the main things are taken care of and you're just fine tuning / and got money to blow.

Magnapacks go well with any midpipe. I had them on my stock catted H and prochmaber with hi-flows. Who ever said magnapacks sound crappy with an x-pipe is full of crap. A friend of mine, who now has my magnapacks is running them with l/t and an o/r x. and it sounds awesome. Straight through mufflers such as Maganapacks, stingers, pypes mm sound awesome with any midpipe including an x.

The next thing (performance wise) I am going to do is 373's, I was going to go with 410's but I have decided that I will go with a SC of some sort down the road a bit, I will most likely purchase the gears in a week or two and have them installed.

The one thing that I'm not looking forward to is, breaking them in.....I'm going to want to try them out the second I drive the car for the first time after install, but I have also read that its best to put them thru two heat and cool cycles and not to really put them under any real heavy load for at least the first 500 miles, I'm sure those numbers are a bit high, but its probably best to break them in properly rather than take a chance and just go all out on them the first time I get the car back after install.

I appreciate your replies and will most likely use the 500 plus bananas I was going to use for the catted h-pipe and go ahead and do the gears first.

Thank you again!

If you really have to have that sound, you could ask around for someone getting rid of their stock midpipe. Another option is to buy an o/r h and weld in some cats and have O2 bungs put in.

Like the others have said though, that's an expensive sound mod. I couldn't even justify the prices that the axlebacks have. I built my own muffler deletes for less then 100$ :nice:

I just wanted to ask what you guys and gals know about MRT, are their Catted H-pipes a quality product? I have Magnaflow Magnapak axle backs now and my 06 GT sounds awesome, oh and I put on the C&L Racer CAI yesterday with the updated 93 (Chris Rose) Race tune and my car sounds sooooooo much better with the CAI (amazing what the CAI with the 95mm MAF housing did for the exhaust sound) its very deep and very throaty now.

So the reason I want an H-pipe is for the deeper sound verses an X-pipe which I have read from several sources sounds kinda crappy with the Magnapaks, I believe I'd get more HP with an X, but, what I'm looking for is a deeper sound.

Any advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated.

BTW the price I found for the MRT Catted H-pipe is 515.99 and its going to be another 18.99 for the 02 sensor extentions. Part # for the H-pipe is 93A200

Thank you in advance for any opinions you may have.

Oh trust me.... magnapacks sound very very good with a catted X-pipe on the S197.

I am also considering getting the catted MRT H pipe to go along with my Roush Extreme cat back. I definitely want the improved sound and increase in power, as slight as it may be. But I figure until I get a pair of nice metallic high flow cats and then the cost of having them welded into the stock H pipe, it's probably not that huge of a savings over a brand new MRT catted H pipe.

It's either that or go with the Magnaflow catted X pipe... but I figure if I like the sound of the cat back with an H pipe now, the MRT would be the safest choice.