MRT Hood Strut Group Purchase

2000 4.6

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2001
Northern VA
**I have permission from Stangnet** :SNSign:

I have spoken to Mustang Racing Technologies and they are willing to do a group purchase on their hood strut kits if anyone is interested. They have kits for the 2005+ and the 99-04's. If you are interested, please let me know. Obviously, the more people we get, the better the deal. Right now they are giving us 5% off plus a discount on shipping from their Michigan location.

Here is the link to their kits... http://www.mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/hoodprop.php. Their kits are a direct bolt on and require no drilling or riveting. They are estimated to take about 15-20 minutes to install.

Email me at if you are interested in I will give you instructions on how to order.

2000 4.6

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Jesse! They didn't give an exact price on shipping since it would be different for everyone...they just said "discounted". If I only lived 20 minutes away, I would pick it up just so I wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped. You can call them and still get the group purchase discount and then pick it up if you want (they are even open on Saturdays, according to their website). If you are interested, email me and I will tell you how to order.

yeah what kinda group buy is that? no offense but i have seen other group buys offer up to 35% off of a part no more expensive than that. i just cant get excited about hood struts 5$ off. its 2006 which means $5 doesnt get you 2 gallons of gas. so talk to them about raising the discount and you get 20% and ill buy um. i guess i drive to hard a bargain... haha

-Sy

Count me in too...provided the discount gets larger...Granted it all depends on how much gross profit MRT wants to give up or for that matter how much is even available:shrug:

We currently only have 4 confirmed orders so I doubt they are going to go any higher. The gp will only be good for another week or two so if you are interested, you better jump in now. I know 5% + discounted shipping isn't much but it is better than full price which is what you are going to pay later. So if you guys are interested, email me so I can tell you how to order.

I just received my kit on Tuesday. It only took me about 30 minutes to install and all I can say is WOW! I am very impressed with the kit...very high quality. You lift the hood about half way and then the struts take over and lift the rest of the way.

All I can say is that I just did a quick two minute search and found them on the net for $99 all day long (all different brands)...with ebay coming in a little cheaper. Like everyone else said, usually a bigger break for a group buy. I saw there is only four orders, but would be willing to bet there would be more for a better price (that's how it usually works; a good price is given and the orders will come-not get the orders and decide the price).

FLY2kGT said:
All I can say is that I just did a quick two minute search and found them on the net for $99 all day long...with ebay coming in a little cheaper. Like everyone else said, usually a bigger break for a group buy. I saw there is only four orders, but would be willing to bet there would be more for a better price (that's how it usually works; a good price is given and the orders will come-not get the orders and decide the price).

MRT does not sell there hood struts on ebay and I have been hard pressed to find anybody, other than MRT, that sells their hood struts. I apologize if you do not like the discount but this is what MRT offered us.