MSD Atomic EFI

• Sponsors (?)

I would be interested in more detail about your post.
I have been researching an EFI solution for a friends long term project. I watched the entire install video, some of the parts look well, cheesy, I guess. And I am not yet convinced a returnless system is a viable option, but I also know the tech gets better as it evolves. Not sure about this one though.

I had not heard of it before now. The comparison chart/features on their site says to me that it's a parity product. That is, it's comparable, but not really superior to, its competition. A few of those "features" are detriments IMO, but the non-contact TPS sounds intriguing. Makes me wonder if it's optical or inductive or something.

I was making a mostly tongue-in-cheek comment, but MSD ignition products are known to frequently die unexpectedly, and usually at the most inopportune times. With that in mind, it makes me personally want to consider other products. Are you opposed to going with a Ford setup? I believe FRPP still sells their complete EFI conversion kit for classic guys/kit cars that are doing a 5.0 EFI conversion.

I just got the joke last night but got distracted before I could reply. Never heard that one before now. Pretty funny - MSD

I am helping a friend with his 67 and he is undecided between carb and EFI. I am (was) a big EFI nut when I still had the 93. Have done a couple stock conversions. One to a 68, but there was nothing stock about it-had a SpeedBrain for the CPU. Ex-EFI Renegade motor...ran great at WOT!

So, have been looking around for a balance between affordable and reliable/quality. THe MSD kit does not appear to be a very high end product, but wanted to throw it out there to see what the community thought. Would like to find someone who has run it, but I think it is too new...