MSD Ignition with a 04 GT

Hello,

Im fairly new to these forums but wanted to see if anyone could answer my question.
I just upgraded my car from a 2000 Mustang V6 to a 2004 GT. Before I upgraded I took off my MSD Dis 4 Ignition from my V6. I was all ready to do the install on my GT, but when I opened the hood after I bought it, I was upset to find that the 04 uses Coil on Plug Ignition. Is there anyway to adapt a MSD Dis 4 to work with the coil on plug or am I stuck with the stock Ignition forever :/

• Sponsors (?)

Spazilton said:
Hello,

Im fairly new to these forums but wanted to see if anyone could answer my question.
I just upgraded my car from a 2000 Mustang V6 to a 2004 GT. Before I upgraded I took off my MSD Dis 4 Ignition from my V6. I was all ready to do the install on my GT, but when I opened the hood after I bought it, I was upset to find that the 04 uses Coil on Plug Ignition. Is there anyway to adapt a MSD Dis 4 to work with the coil on plug or am I stuck with the stock Ignition forever :/

THere is no need to upgrade the stock 2v ignition.It works fine.The only way to run a dis4 is to have TWO dis 4 boxes and FOUR tach adapter boxes.

Im still running the stock COP setup and have zero issues with it.