msd6a box and pro billet distributor box

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by jae902, Dec 8, 2003.

1. jae902

jae902 Member

Can i use the msd6a box with the pro billet distributor from like a early 302 on a 5.0 fuel injected motor. I'm still debating wether or not to go fuel injected or carb. I know if i use the carb setup then i can use the 6a box with the distributor. The 94,95 have a different part number for the distributor, but if i use the 6a controller, then can i use the other distributor.

2. xoxbxfx

Founding Member

Im sorta confused by your post but this should answer any confusion...

The 6A box can be used on a fuel injected motor or carb'd motor, it doesnt matter. The distributor for carb'd motor can only be used for a carb'd motor. If its for an early motor (non-roller) then you cant use it on a roller motor UNLESS you change the distributor gear... The EFI distributor is a different distributor all together. It needs a TFI plug so the computer can read and adjust.

Hope that helps
    Tim

3. jae902

jae902 Member

Well, what i wanted to do was run a carb on my 95 gt motor. Get the msd6a and the appropriate distributor for it. And then i wanted to plan on goin fuel injected later on, and wanted to know if i could use the same distributor with the fuel injected set up. I know that a fuel injected motor calls for a different distributor, that does not require the msd6a, cause it hooks up to the harness. Anyways, i guess i'm goin with the carb set up now cause i just sold my fuel injection kit on ebay.

4. xoxbxfx

Founding Member

bad news...the two carbs are different, and you will have to repurchase the efi one later. You can still use the 6a for an upgraded ignition on a mass air efi setup.. Tons of fox body guys run 6a, 6al's, and btm