mt et street drag radials

Right now I have 225/55-16 futura old worn tires. Now I am putting some 255/50R16 mt et street's on my mustang but I need to know if they will fit. 2 people I have talked to told me that I have to remove the quad shocks and if the car is not lowered they will fit. The wheels are regular pony 16 inch wheels. There is no suspension work done to the car, only subframe connectors. Removing the quad shocks with no lower control arms will give me a lot of wheel hop. is there any way I can flip the quad shocks and the tires fit? If I do have to remove them, I will put some mm lower control arms. but I was hoping that I could wait on those because of money right now

• Sponsors (?)

Mine fit fine, but never had the quad shock on. Nice tires though.
photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

Those tires on Ponys will fit perfect.

They will not touch the quads even on hard turning and will not rub the fenders.

And if you are using a flowmaster catback you will have tons of room on the exhaust.

I ran the same wheels/tires for 6 months with no problems.

I've had the mickey 255/50r16's on pony wheels for a couple years now (don't drive the car much). When I took the wheels/tires off to work on the rearend, I could see slight rubbage on the quad shock, but nothing major at all.

Get the mickeys and have fun with them! Just be easy launching too hard on stock axles. LOL.

lol yea. I will be easy on the stock axles. I know I want to get some moser axles but still can't find the best way to go with this. My car is 4 lug, with drums on the back. I saw that my axles needed to be changed when I was putting the gears in my car. I want the car to be a 420-450 hp car to the wheels so I am trying to prepare for that and not buy parts that will not hold up to that. With the moser axles, is it best to go with the 28 or 31 spindle. I have only had my mustang 2 years so I am still learning some things. Also, how important is it to go to 5 lug. With the 5 lug conv that 50 resto has for 400 dolllars, I don't know if I should go with that or not. If the 4 to 5 lug is not important, I will go without it. But the main reason holding me back from that kit is because I want moser axles so they don't break with the new tires. What is the best way to solve by problem. I guess upgrading my ugly rear drums would be a good idea too. If anyone has any kits, websites, or parts numbers and could help me out, I would appreciate it. thank you

lol yea. I will be easy on the stock axles. I know I want to get some moser axles but still can't find the best way to go with this. My car is 4 lug, with drums on the back. I saw that my axles needed to be changed when I was putting the gears in my car. I want the car to be a 420-450 hp car to the wheels so I am trying to prepare for that and not buy parts that will not hold up to that. With the moser axles, is it best to go with the 28 or 31 spindle. I have only had my mustang 2 years so I am still learning some things. Also, how important is it to go to 5 lug. With the 5 lug conv that 50 resto has for 400 dolllars, I don't know if I should go with that or not. If the 4 to 5 lug is not important, I will go without it. But the main reason holding me back from that kit is because I want moser axles so they don't break with the new tires. What is the best way to solve by problem. I guess upgrading my ugly rear drums would be a good idea too. If anyone has any kits, websites, or parts numbers and could help me out, I would appreciate it. thank you
I feel your pain! I went thru the same questions. I wanted 5 lug, but damn. The conversion is cheap, but that's for stock type axles and keeping drum brakes. If I was gonna do it, I wanted to at least put mosers in and disc brakes in back. But then that means also a new brake booster. Then you gotta buy wheels and tires.

All that just was gonna cost too much. So I just decided to stick with the old school 4 lug, got some 28 spline moser axles, rebuilt the trac-lock tighter, and put it all together...

You can launch hard on the mickey's, just don't dead hook. Mine dead hooked with a 4k launch and sheared the stock axle in half.

sorry to step in on this thread. I kinda had the same question, but different. Im running p245/45zr17 and Im thinking about ordering up a set of ET Street radials but they dont have my size. The closest thing they have is a p275/40r17. I think they'll fit, but I might have to either flip or remove the quad shocks. Has anyone put this size on that would know? I have the tires mounted on 17x9 Cobra R's if thats any help. Thank You

from what the people told me, try flipping the quad shocks eagen. It seems like that gives you the clearance you need to make them fit. flip the quad shocks, see if the tires rubs, if it does, buy some lca's and remove the quad shocks and see how much wheel hop you get. That is what I am going to try on my 'stang.