Muffler Hanger ?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by flashback87, May 14, 2013.

1. flashback87

flashback87 Member

hey guys,

i have an o/r h-pipe and flowmaster 40 series dumped. when i bought the car, the muffler hangers were already welded onto the flowmasters. i put on new headers and a new h-pipe with the old flowmaster mufflers when i put an explorer motor in it last summer. i have noticed that the hangers on the mufflers that attach to the rubber hanger insulators on the body are welded on toward the top of the muffler so they hang pretty low.
    i want to get this fixed because it looks bad. is my best bet to go to a local exhaust shop to have them grind of the hanger and weld it back on lower on the muffler or do i have any other options?

Thanks in advance,
  2. 88gt373

88gt373 Member

thats the easiest way. most shops would charge $20 to $50 bucks each side... is the mufflers hanging low only or is the whole h pipe AND mufflers low?

Sponsored Ad

3. flashback87

flashback87 Member

The h pipe is tucked up pretty good and attached the the mounts on the tranny. I just need to get these mufflers tucked up higher.

Thanks!
  4. flashback87

flashback87 Member

Does anyone know where I can get some more of these hangers that attach to the flownaster mufflers?