Mustang 2015-2017 Exhausts

Ford Racing exhausts are made by Borla. The Touring cat-back is louder than I thought it would be. It is quiet when cruising and has a nice burble when idling. When you put your foot down it sounds glorious. I took it out on the highway and put it through the motions at different speeds and there was no drone at any speed or rpm that I could tell. It is worth spending the extra $600-700 just to not have drone imo. Been there. Done that. Never going to deal with it again.

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm like the only person with Borlas on an S550. :\

Axle-back S-Type with black chrome tips on a 2015 GT. Nice deep gurgling sound, almost no drone, quiet as a ninja in 6th. No complaints. Unfortunately no video.

KQcy50k.jpg

It's a good sounding picture lol

I'm absolutely loving my MBRP street exhaust. Now that it's been on the car a little while it's gained a lot of character. I also added a supercharger and the the exhaust has become sooo much more throaty. I never expected sound like this from a cat back system.

Rob what is the supercharger putting out at the wheels
I can only speculate. The ass dyno says high 500s low 600s. Should have some solid 1320' times in a week or so which will help determine a little closer. My 60' times were like 2.6 my trap speeds were about 124 MPH. Lund said once I get some sticky tires My 60' should go down almost a full second and my trap might start approaching 130 MPH. I'd love to see trap speeds that high, should net me high 10s in the 1/4. I'm expecting low 11s though.

I can only speculate. The ass dyno says high 500s low 600s. Should have some solid 1320' times in a week or so which will help determine a little closer. My 60' times were like 2.6 my trap speeds were about 124 MPH. Lund said once I get some sticky tires My 60' should go down almost a full second and my trap might start approaching 130 MPH. I'd love to see trap speeds that high, should net me high 10s in the 1/4. I'm expecting low 11s though.
Yea sounds like you have the power but you don't have the grip.

I just ordered the Borla S-Type catback with black tips for my 2016 GT premium. I can't wait to hear how it sounds!! I went back and forth for days, watched a laughable amount of YouTube videos, some of them several times. I was torn between the S-Type catback, the Atak catback, and the Roush axleback. I really wanted to be rid of that huge resonator so it basically came down to the S-Type and the Atak catbacks. I hope I made the right choice. Anyone have an education opinion on the S-Type catbacks?

I just ordered the Borla S-Type catback with black tips for my 2016 GT premium. I can't wait to hear how it sounds!! I went back and forth for days, watched a laughable amount of YouTube videos, some of them several times. I was torn between the S-Type catback, the Atak catback, and the Roush axleback. I really wanted to be rid of that huge resonator so it basically came down to the S-Type and the Atak catbacks. I hope I made the right choice. Anyone have an education opinion on the S-Type catbacks?

Haha don't feel bad I don't know about everybody else but I watched 100s of YouTube videos and watched the same one over and over and showed that video to other people to get their opinion till I was content

To tag along with what NJBob said - I purchased the Roush Axel backs and did the resonantor delete with the Ford Racing X pipe. The sound is classic Mustang. It's raspy but deep and loud without any drone. When cold it trumpets but after a few minutes it settles in and gives a deep / high pitched roar. I went to a car show this past weekend and have several Chevy guys give a thumbs up on the exhaust note. The week before I had a C6 Z06 driver stopped me in traffic and told me how great the exhaust sounded and asked what they were. I love these things! Here's a quick clip.

View: http://youtu.be/MyvGaNFn9xQ

Reactions: 1 user
To tag along with what NJBob said - I purchased the Roush Axel backs and did the resonantor delete with the Ford Racing X pipe. The sound is classic Mustang. It's raspy but deep and loud without any drone. When cold it trumpets but after a few minutes it settles in and gives a deep / high pitched roar. I went to a car show this past weekend and have several Chevy guys give a thumbs up on the exhaust note. The week before I had a C6 Z06 driver stopped me in traffic and told me how great the exhaust sounded and asked what they were. I love these things! Here's a quick clip.

View: http://youtu.be/MyvGaNFn9xQ

Sounds good

I've got stainless power longtubes with catted merge pipes and the magnaflow competition catback (removed the factory connection so it's full 3 in)...

It is insanely loud. Deep and low at idle, loud but manageable and sounds amazing when driving normally, and raspy and generally insane at WOT...

It drones... A lot... But I like the drone, so I'm good with it... Definitely more difficult to chat with the misses while driving now.

Sorry, but I won't be able to post a vid until sometime in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk