mustang 5.0 carb bolt pattern doesn't match intake?

Looking at your picture i am thinking you are using the wrong set of holes. You can plainly see from the pic that the person before you used the inner hole on that side of the carb. Your carb will both to square and spread bore mainfolds. If you could privide a pic that show all the mounting holes maybe we can figure this out for you. Anyway its something to try...

• Sponsors (?)

are all four butterfly valves on the carb the same size? if they are not you have a spread bore carb.. and need a square bore carb.

ya i think thats the problem. there is no way to adap a spread bore carb to the intake? i saw the adapter thing but its useless if i cant get it to bolt up.

ANd are the sqaure bore and spread bore bolt pattern different?

yes the bolt patterns are different. some manifolds come with both sets, square and spread. if you modify the intake be sure to set the carb on the intake and try to open the butterfly valves to be sure they dont hit the manifold.

yes the bolt patterns are different. some manifolds come with both sets, square and spread. if you modify the intake be sure to set the carb on the intake and try to open the butterfly valves to be sure they dont hit the manifold.

I seem to get two answer to the question.

1 say i can use it and the other say i cant.

anyways so if everything clears will it be fine? im a bit worried that maybe its not align properly.