Mustang 68 project

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Chudik, Jan 21, 2007.

1. If you don't mind, where are you from ? I couldn't quite tell the accent...

2. LOL i'm originaly from Russia,

3. How are you going to connect the stock steering column to the heidts rack and pinion?

4. Yes, I got a steering kit from heidts, but I don’t know if I will be using stock steering column or will go with aftermarket

5. So why did Heidts decide to change the crossmember?

6. The new one “superride” comes with the coil over by default + it suppose to have better handling geometry.

7. Looks liek a really nice kit! I would get one for my restoration but I am on a low budjet. But I will try one some other time as I know they would be a great addition to a classic.

You might want to use a little more rope to tie that level on! would want it to run off!:rlaugh: I'm just playin! Good luck with the rest of the prodject!

8. I see… :lol:
    Ye the rope was to lift the front up to clear the bottom, ye it looks funny

9. new updates

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. :D
    new updates

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Really coming along, looks like your doing great work! I will be doing sub frame connectors on mine this spring. Are those from Heidts also?

12. yes they are from Heidts, i love the company, they doing great job, and all the parts are perfect fit. The only down site they are pricy $500 for the kit .

13. Wow, those subframes look exactly like TCP's.

14. only problem with the mustang 2 kits most dont understand is if you dont brace the front frame rails to the firewall you just weakened your front end

15. Not with a good set of sub frame connectors, the one I got in welded condition will make this car as good as a full frame car

16. I think what Andrew meant was that you lose the support across the top of the apron, by taking out the shock towers you lose a lot of the aprons strength.

17. Well I see what you saying, but … I don’t think you will lose a lot of strength if any at all.

18. Need your advice on what wheals to get for my baby, I’m looking for 17” or 18” tall and 10” wide for the rear, what you think ?

19. :evilgrin:
    new updates

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]