Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Chudik, Jan 21, 2007.
Test fitting engine , the headers are flipped for the turbo
Oooooooh forward pointing headers. Do I smell a turbo conversion?
you look like a man who enjoys the finer things in life and are not hesitant to throw some money at your project, if i were such a man i would look at pretty much anything Kinesis, Fikse, or forgeline make. they will do custom sizes and you will be able to fit the biggest possible tire/wheel in the back to tame those turbos. plus they look bad ass and are strong.
i like these, ouch though 876 for 18x9
Please keep us updated. Your project is looking great! Man, you are sinking some coin into that toy, and I love it. Can't wait to see some more pictures as the project continues.
Thank guys, ye its getting expensive and I’m trying to fabricate as much as possible, next purchase is Steering column flaming river or ididt , they are about $300 but I need to get one, so I will know where to place engine mounts.
I always thought I would have one of the first Turbo classic's when I bought my turbo two years ago... Guess not haha. None the less very nice. Also i hear you about the expensive part, I dont think I have restored anything on my car yet, just replaced haha. So what the specs on the motor and what kind of turbo?
thank you thank you...for the pics..i love looking at stuff like this...wish i had your talent ...
Well this is not entirely true, I’m doing a lot of fabrication to save money , but if I have to buying staff, I’m train to bay the best I can afford /get.
The motor is my home build 306 with stack crank, modify rods, wisko forged pistons, e-303 cam, performer rpm heads, performer upper and lower intake, gurgle, hi volume oil and water pump, 7q oil pan, all ARP bolts.
The turbo is Holset H1C with some modifications. So I’m hoping to get 500 FWHP. It will have SN95 computer and build AODE transmiton. Tweecer for management, and PC for security and the rest of the car management (sound etc…)
So yes this is all cost a lot of $$$ but if you doing it over time and your self is not to bad, I’m been working on this car for quiet some time now.
P.S my dad is a great help too.
this looks great...keep us updated...thanks!
Sorry for the delay, DST kill me was working all the weekends
This is some updates for today, Eleanor in progress.. I know not much but something, the seats rails are also done, we had to do some modifications but all done.
I’m back guys….
And I got a new toys I got “Heidts 4 link Suspension to install “, new 9” rear 31 sp 3rd member and the works.
12” wildwood Disks and 4 piston calipers
Picks coming in a day or to.
some prep work
Looks like its coming along nicely.
ye thank you,
hoping to do more in the next week
how did you go about stripping the underneath of the car?
Lots and lots of hours of grinding work, I’m expecting to spend 2 days to finish only the back end of the car before the paint
Project of the day …
4 hours to do 1 site and I will be wining 1.5” in the center . So now I can fit 295 -315 tire. 315” = 12.4 cm and I got about 13.5 -13.75 to play with.
Its start raining in Florida so we head to stop for today.
Ok is official, Welding the 1 ¼” insert are PITA, cutting was much easier.
We will have to shaved and clean all the welds later to.
Some we done today …. 4h and noting to show
All the mini tubing I done will have to go …
My Heidts 4 link from is not really allowing me to have more weal room
So new project to get driver site back to original position, $60 and vested time