mustang/aerostar part interchange?

i just got an 88 aerostar auto RWD for free, but wondered how much i can use on my 90lx?
i was told the rad is the same, and the rear ends are, but anyone know what else?
would the power steering pump and the rack be the same? alternator? its a 3.0 i think. if its an a4ld tranny, will it fit too?
i been trying to find a web site that has info on interchanging parts but not much so far. cougar site has some reference for mustang/cougar etc
any help?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can use One of the axles (cant remember which side of hand) to do a 5 lug disc conversion. And there is some speculation that the Driveshafts are aluminum and will fit on our cars.. Havent checked it myself though, just read it somewhere.

Dr.

cool didnt know about the drive shafts, ill see what i can find on that.
but did look up the axles you mentioned, its passenger side (86-97 areostar) and drivers side if from a ranger (83-92)
thanks for the info :)
does anyone know about the tranny though?
thanks

Don't know about the tranny, but take a look at the exhaust header. Apparently you can run a true dual exhaust with it because ports 1&3 and ports 2&4 run separately. Do a search, there was a really long thread about this. I believe the thread was called '2.3's in Ford's Minivans'. An Aerostar/Mustang header swap seems like a really neat idea and maybe something you may want to try.

Sorry to say but the driveshaft will not work. The one you want is AWD for sure and 92 or 93 and 94 and 95 I think. The centre to centre of the U joints needs to be 45.5 inches.