Mustang factory alarm

• Sponsors (?)

i have the alarm and even with it set at the most sensitive setting, it is not real sensitive if i bump it. it does however go off if a ricer or harley drives by.

Why would you want your alarm more sensitive? I feel sorry for all the alarms i've set off when passing by them in parking lots. I like the way the system works on my 98. If someone were to bust a window and open the door from the inside when the car is locked, then the horm blows, the lights blink, and the ignition is shut down. I see no purpose of having shock sensors that make the alram go off when someone with loud exaust or sound system passes by.

GONEN60 said:
good question :D try this leave your window down, set the alarm and
open the door using the inside handle, this is the only way I could set it
off on my old car.

hot damn. i wondered how my panic button got hit when it was in my pocket and.

just got the car last week and did that. scared the snot out of me. it's a nice thing to have on a vert.

My friend has an 03 stang and when my friend with a 68 stang would turn his car on, the 03's alarm would start going off. The low rumble of the other car set it off haha.

my alarm is way too sensitive. if u breathe onit it will go off...its actually quite annoying at 4am when the punk down the street drives by on his crotch rocket and sets it off every morning. How do u adjust the sensitivity... oh yeah...the rain and wind can set it off too.

I too am confused by fords alarms. i have the factory alarm as well as the optional one they installed. I dont see the sensitivity adjuster, but i do have a small button near the door. :shrug:

Question: if I push the lock button once the lights flash and doors lock. if I push it twice the lights double blink and the horn chirps.....Which one arms the system? Ford tech told me either one....is he right?

brodie2323 said:
Question: if I push the lock button once the lights flash and doors lock. if I push it twice the lights double blink and the horn chirps.....Which one arms the system? Ford tech told me either one....is he right?

That's not how mine works.

I push the button once, both doors lock. If i push it again, the car chirps and the parking lights flash once.

Maybe my style is the PATS and yours is the higher level alarm?? :shrug:

I dont have the alarm. However I can fake it by pushing "lock" twice and the lights will flash and horn chirp. My 97 V6 used to do that too. Also the theft light flashes on the dash if I dont put the key in and start messing with stuff. I always thought the theft light was just to make a cop suspicious if he pulled someone over and it was flashing.

According to the manual for my Ford factory alarm, when you press the LOCK button on the key fob, or the lock button inside the car, the doors will lock and you are now in pre-arm mode. Thirty seconds later, the park lights will flash and alarm is armed. Anytime during this pre-arm mode, if you hit the LOCK button on the key fob, it will bypass the rest of the pre-arm mode and immediately arm. You will know you bypassed the pre-arm mode by the chirp of the horn.

propellerhead said:
According to the manual for my Ford factory alarm, when you press the LOCK button on the key fob, or the lock button inside the car, the doors will lock and you are now in pre-arm mode. Thirty seconds later, the park lights will flash and alarm is armed. Anytime during this pre-arm mode, if you hit the LOCK button on the key fob, it will bypass the rest of the pre-arm mode and immediately arm. You will know you bypassed the pre-arm mode by the chirp of the horn.

thanks thats the info I was looking for. I also have the optional alarm so I hope that goes for both.

my alarm has this thing that when you dont open the car with the remote (instead jsut key) you have to hold this little button under the steering column as ur starting the car for it to start..anyone got this?

Just to add to this ultimate Ford Factory Alarm thread...

I went through the procedure of adjusting the alarm sensitivity. Here's the procedure I found in my user's manual for the alarm.

1. Roll down the drivers door window.
2. Open the drivers door.
3. Turn vehicle ignition on.
4. Press and hold programming/override button under the instrument panel. After 15 seconds, the horn will chirp three (3) times.
5. Immediately release, press and release the programming/override button. The system will respond by chirping four (4) times.
6. Press the Interior door mounted lock switch one time.
7. Close all doors.

Your "Lite-touch" sensitivity can now be increased by pressing the UNLOCK switch or decreased by pressing the LOCK button. The system will chirp the horn one time each time either button is pressed.

8. Open the driver's door.
9. Press the Interior door mounted lock switch one timem. The system will respond by chirping the horn two times.
10. Close all doors.

Your "Full-shock" sensitivity can now be increased by pressing the UNLOCK switch or decreased by pressing the LOCK button. The system will chirp the horn one time each time either button is pressed.

11. Turn the ignition key off to exit programming mode and save settings.

I also called the 800 number in the manual to clarify the difference between lite-touch and full-shock. Lite-touch is the single chirp when the car senses light motion, like when an F-15 takes off nearby with full afterburners. The full-shock is when your car is hit by a moving vehicle, or when a window is smashed.

When adjusting the sensitivity of each alarm, it takes 64 chirps to go from max to min. (Added edit->) Each step will chirp. When you are at either max or min, the horn will honk. It will be a normal honk as if you honked the horn yourself. It is much louder than the chirp. When I had the lite-touch set to max sensitivity, I put my hand on the steering wheel like you normally do just before starting the car, and the alarm went off.

The manual also states that the Ford dealers normally set them to mid sensitivity.