Mustang factory alarm

There is a factory installed optional alarm offered on 2004 Mustangs? I mean, something other than the PAS key and blinking "theft" light on the dash. On the Ford window sticker, there is actually listed an alarm system, and a price?

Or is it something dealer installed?

• Sponsors (?)

base5002 said:
The only time i've been able to set my alarm off was when i got in my car and my friend hit the auto lock button from the inside (this, i guess arms the alarm). Then when i tried starting the car the alarm went off. :shrug:

Or have the little battery in the key fob go dead. That happen to me, with my old '95 which had the optional factory alarm. :rolleyes:

The key fob battery went dead. I tried opening the door with the key, manually, and that set off the alarm. It also locked out the starter motor so I could not start the car with the key either. :bang:

Any alarm on a recent Mustang is installed by the Dealer. They are made by Code Alarm for Ford. I install them. If you have the over ride button, you have it installed on your car. You may have a diffrent type of remote as well depending on the options. I can turn on my headlights with my remote. PATS is the standard Mustang anti theft device but it is not an alarm. It is an engine immobilzer.

GT-03 said:
Or have the little battery in the key fob go dead. That happen to me, with my old '95 which had the optional factory alarm. :rolleyes:

The key fob battery went dead. I tried opening the door with the key, manually, and that set off the alarm. It also locked out the starter motor so I could not start the car with the key either. :bang:

You should be able to start the car while holding the override button down. This applies to most alarm systems I've seen.

And yes, when we say "factory alarm", we were talking about the Ford dealer installed alarms.

OK i got a 97 GT swapped to 96 cobra moter now the damn PATS is engaged how can i fix it?i also swapped to the cobra computer and got the harness from the passenger fender i cant figure out why im not getting powe to the fuel pump or how to reset the pats crap