mustang&fastfords ?

• Sponsors (?)

I was actually reading this while dropping a loaf in the bathroom thsi morning...245 rwhp ahd 305 ft lbs tq.....at 9 psi though, which is till bad. They say this blower will be able to produce 18 psi, which is promising

xr8d302 said:
I was actually reading this while dropping a loaf in the bathroom thsi morning...245 rwhp ahd 305 ft lbs tq.....at 9 psi though, which is till bad. They say this blower will be able to produce 18 psi, which is promising

Did you see they only got 177 rwhp on a 40k stock 5.0. I never dyno'd my car befor If it's only going to put out 177 rwhp then it's for SALE! That's weak for a V8:Damnit:

well, i mean, seriously, with 215 hp stock plus drivetrain losses, a stock 94/95 mustang is not going to put out more than 200, but 177 does really seem low. It's our torque that's the big deal, not the hp

Dark Prophet, I would scan it, but I lack a scanner

xr8d302 said:
well, i mean, seriously, with 215 hp stock plus drivetrain losses, a stock 94/95 mustang is not going to put out more than 200, but 177 does really seem low. It's our torque that's the big deal, not the hp

Dark Prophet, I would scan it, but I lack a scanner

Maybe the maf is dirty, I hope so....

215 hp - 15 percent loss = 215 - 32 = 183.

And the car is almost 11 years old. 177 really isn't bad considering. There was another thread about this a couple days back... its the area UNDER the curve, not the peak of the curve, that makes a car fast.

And... now don't get all up in arms... box stock 94-95 5.0's aren't fast cars. They just aren't.

But on topic... I would expect about 150 percent total HP after the blower, so 177 * 1.5 = 265ish. They are a little low, tune must be off.

- it all comes down to the math

Powerdyne blowers suck espically the line they made for FORD as it was offered in the ford racing catalog.
I had a friend that had a 93 vert. with that blower and god i swear those things are a pile of ****.

99% of the stock 94-95's I have seen over the years dyno around 185-190rwhp, which 10 years ago wasn't bad at all. I still think the numbers they got were still really on the low side. Heck, with exhaust, pulleys, and an Edelbrock intake you'll make 235-245rwhp.