Mustang Fellowship Crisis

CobraRed_96_GT

May 20, 2006
UCSD/La Jolla
I've noticed when meeting someone online who owns a stang us mustang owners automatically accpet the other person as an equal- and for good reason it shows they have good taste and share simalar views. Though this is tragically different in real life.
It seems that once were driving our musstang and we spot another stang (epecially those that look nice/ have aftermarket parts) we enter this rivalry zone competition where we must show at all costs that our stang is the obvious superiority. This reaction is most common when the two cars are of the same generation and engine type.
I've recieved more tempting threats to race along even the most grid locked and or idiotic areas of the city from mustang owners than any other group. I began giving into these temptation for knowlege that in most cases my odds are good, but that's like attacking my own family. Yet this situation is reversed when neither party is in their car, they might even compliment each other's ride when not operating them.

Clif Notes: Why do stang owners feel compelled to rev their engines at each other and act like rivals.

My two cents: Stick to putting comaros to shame:D

• Sponsors (?)

I'm implying a rev while looking straight at me then attempting a burnout off the line at a stop light. You guys also have to account for that fact that 95% of the guys in this forum are pretty cool/respectful people. Or is this just something i see in my city?

No your not the only one i see alot of that here in madison as well, i mean i pulled up to an old 5.0 that was nice and looked right at me revved like mad then burned out, and i was like are you kidding me.. but alot of the stang drivers around here are like that, there are a few that will be like pull over and let me see your ride kinda thing, which is cool, but alot seem to be out to prove there the fastest on the block, and its like hey were all on the same team here were supposed to be eating bowties, not other ponies.. :)

kramer03gt said:
No your not the only one i see alot of that here in madison as well, i mean i pulled up to an old 5.0 that was nice and looked right at me revved like mad then burned out, and i was like are you kidding me.. but alot of the stang drivers around here are like that, there are a few that will be like pull over and let me see your ride kinda thing, which is cool, but alot seem to be out to prove there the fastest on the block, and its like hey were all on the same team here were supposed to be eating bowties, not other ponies.. :)
:Word:

maybe its just the fact that theres 1 v8 mustang to every 90000 4 cylinder honda and toyotas in my city that we're all so friendly, same thing goes with bikes. When your on a bike EVERYONE else on a bike waves... EVERYONE, even the guys on the choppers and cruisers will wave to us sportbikers.

I pretty much have respect for any V8 american muscle on the road... mustangs, firebirds, camaros, chargers, etc. If they want to be a jackass and do a huge brakestand to "show me up" then they can, doesn't mean i want to race them or try to show i have more power (I usually don't). Truth is, if I didn't have my stang, I would be driving a trans-am, I just couldn't find a decent one to buy

BurningRubber said:
I rev at alot of Mustangs, I see it as a sign of "hell yes, nice stang" or "let me hear your pipes" not a rivalry thing, lol.

Agreed ... and the same applies to any car I see that revs on me.
As for the burnout, perhaps you're taking it wrong.
Miscommunication?
Now if you get the one finger salute ...that would be hard to misinterpet. :D

I know I'm not the fastest or the best looking thing on the street, but I'll play a little bit and rev for other stangs. I don't usually get stupid though. I just do it to say hi.

I was approached from behind ( :eek: ) by another GT the other day as I drove through a local burg. He gave me a few revs, which I took the right way. I explained it - or tried to - to my wife, saying, "He's doing that for me."

Since I have stock exhaust (so far), when it came time to turn off, I revved it a little and broke traction slightly as I turned. Not a burnout, and nothing really obnoxious...but just a little "see ya". The wife didn't understand that, either. :D

Me being only 18 alot of older gentelmen see me car and like it. When i see someone with a car i like i usually give them a Thumbs up :nice: cause they have a nice car...no reving...nothing stupid...just saying "Hey dude, You got a Tight Whip" :D

All I get is imports doing e-brakes and burnouts and giving the finger etc etc. There's maybe 5 "really" nice stangs in my town, we're overwhelmed by imports, but, we have a local airport that has races, and my friend with a worked '03 Cobra has still never lost a race there. So, alot of the import heads are really ignorant toward any mustang owners, I getz no love here LOL. Nothing but hate.
But I love the track, hitting second gear and pulling a quick 10 cars on an import is the best, I just wish I could see the look on their face, they thought their 10" coffee can exhaust tip would make their car run and handle like a porshe, heh, they're probably advertised to :rlaugh:

:SNSign: